Imaginary - Shigaraki x Reader | BNHA

Literally one of my top 5 kins (I think he's more top 3 but idk my kins are loosely ranked) and this is gonna hurt me like a mothertrucker—

Also how we feeling about 290, my doods? (NO SPOILER IN COMMENTS. They WILL be deleted)

I highly recommend listening to the song above while reading!!

•••

When you were little, around the age of 5 or so, you made a friend by the name of Tenko Shimura. The two of you would play on the swing-set in your backyard almost everyday. Apparently, he was what everyone knows as an "imaginary friend". However, you never saw him as that.

After all, he was the only friend you had.

Around a few months after the two of you met, he appeared in your room, crying and shaking. You rushed to hug him as he explained what happened in your shoulder. He went on about how he murdered his family because of his quirk. You spent the rest of the day trying to comfort and distract him.

Now, you were both adults. Ever since the incident with his parents, Tenko had told you to refer to him as "Tomura Shigaraki". You knew it was childish to still have him as your only friend, especially while you're both in your twenties. But, Shigaraki was special to you. He'd play video games with you and make you feel genuinely happy.

When you were teens, you came to the realization that you had a crush on Tomura. However, you were too nervous to confess.

As soon as you turned 18, you moved out of your family's home and into an apartment with Shigaraki as your only roommate.

You were happy.

One day, when Shigaraki was busy playing video games in the living room, you were Googling random things. As a local news website opened, you saw an article that read "15 Years Since 5-Year-Old Murderer, Tenko Shimura, was Killed. Where Are The Police Now?"

Briefly scanning through the article, you recognized almost all of the details and names. The pictures attached verified your assumptions.

The Tenko Shimura in the article was your best friend. He wasn't imaginary, he was a ghost.

You quickly stood from your chair and sped into the living room, seeing that your blue-haired crush was still playing Fall Guys.

"Shiggy!" You asserted, grabbing his attention.

"What."

"You're dead?! Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" You sat next to him in the couch, throwing the controller in his hands to the side.

The man sighed and leaned back into the couch cushions.

"Ok fine. I died the same day I met you. Shit, I didn't even know I died at first. When I told you about what I did to family was when it really hit me. I killed my family and when the police showed up, they shot me because I was 'too dangerous even for a kid'. I didn't wanna tell you because I knew you'd be scared. You'd banish me and I'd lose my only friend." He explained, looking up to the ceiling.

You sighed and leaned your head onto his shoulder. "I wouldn't have banished you. I'd never leave you, Shiggy."

Tomura smiled and closed his eyes, laying his head on top of yours. "I'd never leave you either."

You felt his freezing lips on your head as he placed a gentle kiss on the area. You tended for a split second, but smiled and looked up to gaze into his red eyes.

"Promise you'll stay with me? I know you're already dead, but..." you trailed off into a giggle before continuing, "'Til my death do us part?"

He chuckled at your goofy question. Leaning his forehead to touch yours, he responded.

"I'll stay with you even after your time."

•••

Tips
https://ko-fi.com/kayleekat