Chasing Cars - Chuuya Nakahara x Reader | BSD*

Inspired by the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Mostly based on its "infatuation" meaning.

•••

Chuuya met you at a winery.

You were on vacation and went to a taste test the company had promoted. Chuuya had only planned on ordering more bottles for his collection, but you caught his eye.

He found himself sitting next to you at the taste test, politely introducing himself. You shook his hand, making the mafia executive see stars.

It was the first time anyone had captured his heart.

After the taste test, he accompanied you back to the hotel you were staying at, giggling like little children.

He somberly bid adieu at your door while you slipped a piece of paper into his gloved hand: your number.

Once he had gotten home, he wasted no time in adding you to his contacts, sending you a simple "Hey it's Chuuya" text while internally praying he didn't seem desperate.

The following day, he left work early, telling everyone he had an emergency to attend to. In reality, he just wanted time to see you again.

Chuuya treated you to brunch at a fancy café. When you asked what he did as a job, he tensed and stuttered out, "Just boring business stuff."

The two of you were practically attached at the hip the entire day.

That night, Chuuya invited you to his penthouse. While watching a movie on the couch, you rested your head on his shoulder. Your eyes glistened, gaze never leaving the TV, a smile glued to your face.

Chuuya took your closeness as a sign to wrap his arm around your shoulders. You nuzzled into his in return. Not long after, you fell asleep in Chuuya's arms. He gingerly maneuvered the two of you to properly lay on the couch and placed a soft kiss to the top of your head before falling asleep himself.

That was the best night's sleep Chuuya's ever had.

You continued to spend time together until your vacation had come to an end.

Chuuya escorted you to the airport. He stayed with you until your flight was boarding.

You teared up as you said your goodbye, grip on his hand tightening as if you never wanted to let go. The executive displayed a sad smile before deciding to confess. He knew this was just a temporary departure, but he didn't know when he'd be able to see you in person again.

He wanted the first "see you soon" to be happier, one filled with a sentiment he didn't know he could feel.

You sniffled and returned his watery smile before leaning in to kiss him. Chuuya's hand found your waist, gripping tightly at your shirt as he kissed back.

Sadly the kiss was cut short, you had a flight to catch after all.

Chuuya pecked your cheek before letting you go, watching you walk through the gate. He then went to sit in his car, staring at the steering wheel while trying to clear his head. He wouldn't be able to drive well with all those tears.

Sighing, he started his car and turned on the radio, hoping the music could soothe his aching heart.

A familiar song started playing. One that fit his current situation a little too well.

•••