Royal Fantasy AU - Bakugo x fem!Reader | BNHA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAKUGO MWAH 😘💖

I tried to incorporate some things from 1500s-1800s British monarchy into this bc I'm a history nerd (even tho you can't even fucking tell anything from that time was added) and bc I felt like that time frame matches with what the fantasy au feels most likely to take place in.

Highly recommend listening to a song called "Her Sweet Kiss" (from The Witcher) or "The Secret History" (performed by Chamber Orchestra of London) while reading.

•••

You remember the first time you had met your soon-to-be husband. His parents held a ball for him to find a partner; after all, he was the new king of dragons. Katsuki felt pressured to marry and produce an heir. The blonde despised having to play nice to his subjects. But hey, it wasn't like he chose to be born into this family.

However, he didn't actually expect to fall in love.

You had been invited to the ball due to your family being nobles. Dressed in an elegant, red dress, you mostly stayed alone, only dancing with the occasional men that would ask you to.

Bakugo's eyes landed on you as you walked away from the crowd. He swiftly approached you and, as flustered as he was, managed to convince you to meet him in the garden. The area hadn't been open to guests, so the king thought that it would be a good place to get to know you.

The two of you talked for what seemed like hours. All you had known before getting on Katsuki's good side was that he was a bit of an evil-spirited ruler, yet no one considered him a tyrant. In fact, he was actually quite loved by his subjects.

By the end of the night, he had proposed in the middle of the castle's garden, a myriad of white and red flowers surrounding the two of you.

After getting betrothed, you and the king sent constant letters to each other. One month before your wedding, Katsuki was sent to battle. His friend, Eijiro Kirishima, began to send you letters to assure you that your fiancé was okay, seeing as Bakugo ceased his daily ones once he entered the fight. Days later, his side had one. Upon his return home, you met up with him, holding him like (in his words) "you thought he would die that easily".

The day of your wedding came. Your mother and maids helped you get into your dress. The apparel was a cream color with scarlet, floral accents covering the bodice and flowing a little past the waist line. Looking into the mirror, you smiled. You were getting married and becoming a soon-to-be queen consort.

You were escorted down the aisle by your parents, meeting Katsuki's eyes as he saw you. To him, you were glowing. Once close enough, the blonde held your hand.

The ceremony seemed to fly by and, before you knew it, the two of you had exchanged golden rings and were allowed to kiss. After parting, you sent your husband a soft smile, receiving a kiss on the cheek and a smirk from the king.

Immediately after, the sudden pressure to consummate the marriage and start trying for offspring was thrust upon both of you as your families urged you to your private chambers.

Katsuki sighed after hearing the door lock.

"God, they never give me a break with the 'heir' shit," He looked to you before continuing, "We don't have to do anything today if you don't feel okay with it. I'm sure I can convince them we did it."

His explanation fell upon deaf ears as you leaned in to kiss him again. One of your hands rested on top of Bakugo's chest, feeling his heart beat quicken. You gazed into his crimson eyes, your smirk not once faltering.

"Y'know, I don't mind making our marriage official, your majesty."

•••

Buy Me a Coffee!
https://ko-fi.com/kayleekat