Dean - Supernatural

I slammed the door of the bunker before I walked downstairs after Dean.

"You could have fucking died you goddamned idiotic son of a fucking bitch" I said.

Dean walked down the last step and then turned around. "What did you expect me to do? Let them try to hurt you? Yeah, no chance in hell sweetheart" He said.

"How many times," I said walking down the last step. "Have I asked you not to call me that Dean? I'm not your girlfriend"

"But you have feelings for me" Dean stated as a simple fact.

"Yeah, I do. You already knew that. I just, don't really do relationships at this point." I said before walking to my room.

Dean followed me. "Why don't you do relationships? What are you so scared of?" He asked.

I kept on walking, trying to ignore the question. It was not exactly an easy subject for me to talk about, and it had to do with the reason that I started hunting in the first place. A reason, that, Sam and Dean had no idea about.

"Please, just answer the question" Dean persisted.

"I don't really want to talk about it Dean" I said before opening the door to my room and walking in.

Dean walked in after me. I sat down at the foot of my bed, and he sat down right next to me. "What's going on?" He asked.

"When I was twenty, I was married. I had a kid, and a husband. I was happy, genuinely, happy. Then, after I came back from a trip to my parents' house, I found them killed. Turns out demons broke in and murdered them" I said.

"That was thirteen years ago though" Dean said.

I sighed and combed my hands through my hair. "I know that Dean. I know that it was a long time ago. But, despite that, I'm scared of real relationships. Because, every single time I'm in a real relationship, even for a few damned weeks, something bad happens to the person that I am with, and I can't risk losing you" I said.

"Why not? Why can't you risk it?" Dean asked me. I looked down, and he lifted my chin and looked me in the eyes. "Why not?" He asked.

I sighed. "You know exactly why Dean" I said.

Dean raised an eyebrow. "Tell me." He said.

"Why? Why do you have to make this harder than it already is Dean? You know exactly the reason why I can't risk it? Why do I have to say it?" I asked.

"I want to hear you say it, at least this one time. Please" Dean said.

"Fine. I can't risk losing you, because I, I'm in love with you Dean. For the first time in thirteen years, I am truly and madly in love, and I can't lose that, I can't risk losing you." I said, tears filling my eyes.

Dean looked into my eyes. He could see the pain I was trying so hard to hide. Not many people could tell how much pain I hid. Not many people knew everything that I had been through. But, he did. He does. He knows everything. All the pain, all the sorrow, the heartbreak, all of it. And, despite everything, he has still stayed by my side. No matter what.

We sat there in the quiet for a while. Dean eventually moved his hand off of my face. We continued to sit there in the silence, neither of us really knowing what to say at this point.

After a solid, ten, maybe fifteen minutes of the silence Dean finally said something. "I love you too" He said.

I raised my eyebrow. I wasn't totally sure that I had heard him correctly. "What did you say?" I asked him.

"I love you too y/n/n." Dean told me.

"You do?" I asked. The sad thing was, that, it was hard for me to believe that anyone could love me anymore. I didn't know why I thought like this, I guess I just didn't have much confidence in myself.

"Yeah, I do" Dean said with a soft smile.

I smiled back softly. "Just, please, be more careful on hunts. Yeah, we're both kinda stupid and reckless, but, I can't lose you" I said.

Dean nodded. "Okay, I'll try to be more careful, only if you try to be more careful, and, if you try to give us a chance, please" He said.

I nodded my head. "Okay. Deal" I said.