Sherlock - Sherlock part 1

"Who exactly are you talking about Sherlock?" John asked.

"A colleague of mine. She's agreed to help us with this case" Sherlock said.

I walked up to the door of Sherlock's flat. I knocked on the door in a one, two, one pattern, so he'd know it's me.

"Yes, yes, it's unlocked. Come in y/n" Sherlock said.

I opened the door and walked in. "Hello Sherlock. It's been a while" I said.

Sherlock nodded his head, "Yes, yes it has been. I wouldn't have called if I didn't absolutely need your help." He said.

"You need my help with a case? Honestly Sherlock, I never thought the day would come" I said.

"Yes, well, we've worked on cases together before. I figured we make a great team, why not work together and get this case solved faster?" Sherlock said.

I smiled softly. "You always were quite intelligent, weren't you?" I said.

"So are you" Sherlock said.

"Okay, what's going on?" John asked.

"You must be John. Nice to meet you" I said.

"Right, yes, anyways. Sherlock, you said this is your colleague, correct?" John said.

"Colleague? Is that what you said this time Sherlock?" I said.

"Wait, why wouldn't he? Honestly Sherlock, explain" John said.

I snickered. "If you would be quiet maybe he could explain." I said.

"She's, sort of my girlfriend" Sherlock said.

"Sort of? It's not a sort of type of thing Sherlock. We've been together for two years. Just because I've been away for a couple of months, doesn't make that any less of a fact" I said.

"I thought Sherlock didn't do, caring or sentiment." John said.

"Because he's a high functioning sociopath? No. He just doesn't do it often. No one ever said we're the lovey dovey sappy couple John." I said.

"Okay, this topic isn't of any relevance right now, so let's get to the case, shall we?" Sherlock said.

"Right, of course" I said. "Please, do explain what on earth is going on"

"Right. Over the past two weeks there has been a string of kidnappings and murders. All of the victims are female, ranging from fifteen to thirty-five years old." Sherlock said.

"Is that the only connection between the victims?" I asked.

"The only connection I've made so far" Sherlock said.

"Right. Do you have their photos? Any information on them? Where they work, what they do? Hobbies? Anything? Where they've been?" I asked.

Sherlock nodded. He grabbed the case file and handed it to me. I took the case file from him and sat down on the floor. I opened it up and layed the photos out in a circle.

"Thirteen victims. Seven have been murdered." Sherlock said.

"Thank you Sherlock. I made that connection. Considering there are only seven crime scene photos." I said before taking a closer look at the photos.

I stared at the photos. In my mind I was trying to make some sort of connection. Was there a pattern between when they were taken, and when they were killed? Who would be next, and how do we rescue them? First, how do we find them?

"Anything?" John asked.

"Quiet John, I can't hear myself think" I said.

I continued to look at the photos. I picked one of them up and studied it closely. After a couple minutes I put it down and picked up the next one. I repeated this process until I had looked through all of the photos.

A couple hours passed by. I put everything back into the file and closed it. I grabbed it and stood up. I handed it back to Sherlock.

"Did you find anything?" Sherlock asked.

"Okay, information we know. There has been a total of thirteen victims. This has been going on for exactly two weeks, marking today as the fourteenth day. My guess, whoever is behind this is taking one victim per day. Now, the rate they are killing them is an absolute mystery to me at this present moment in time." I said.

"Alright, how are we supposed to figure that detail out?" John asked.

I sighed. "Right, so there have been thirteen kidnap victims. Seven of these victims have been murdered. Leaving six of the victims still alive. All of the ones that are alive are ranging from fifteen to twenty-five years old. So, there is, as far as I can tell, no time pattern to when they are being killed, but more an age range." I said.

"What are you on about?" Sherlock asked.

"Okay. Murder victim one was thrity-one years old. Murder victim two was twenty-seven years old. Murder victim number three was thirty-three years old. Murder victim number four was twenty-six years old. Murder victim five was thirty-four years old. Murder victim six was thirty-five years old. Murder victim seven was thirty years old. So, what I'm saying, is those twenty-six to thirty-five are the ones being killed by this kidnapper" I said.

"Is there a time pattern on when they are being killed?" John asked.

"Not as far as I am able to tell" I said.