Steve - Stranger Things

A/n: this is a Stranger Things and Supernatural crossover

I had lived in Hawkins since I was 15. I moved there with my aunt. It hadn't been easy to get close to people or make friends, but I had made some along the way.

Five years in this place, and somehow, it never ceased to surprise me. Especially after the killings had started.

We knew about Vecna, and everyone was trying to devise a plan on how to stop him.

"We need to find a way to stop him." Steve said.

"Could sure use some angelic assistance, but he can't reach me here." I said, not even realizing that I was thinking out loud at first.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Eddie asked.

"Uh, angels. Apparently. Didn't realize I said that part out loud." I said.

"You're telling me angels are real?" Steve said.

"Yes. And for some reason unknown to me, he can't come here, but maybe he can still reach my dreams." I said.

"Wait, you can't be serious. You are not sleeping here." Steve said.

"What if he has the answers?" I asked.

"We can do that when we get home." Steve said.

"Fine." I said.

Time skip

I was with Steve. He had been really cautious about me being alone lately. He didn't like the idea of it one bit.

I was laying down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was eleven at night, and for some reason, I was still wide awake.

"I thought you needed this Castiel guy's help. Where is he?" Steve asked.

"He's probably with the Winchesters. I assume. Maybe he just, doesn't want to come here. Maybe there's something in this town preventing him from coming here." I said.

"There's things that can do that?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, certain spells or sigils can prevent an angel from finding or entering certain places, or people." I said.

"And why would there be that sort of thing here?" Steve asked, rolling over to his side.

I rolled over to my side to face Steve. "Angels are powerful. Whatever is here, doesn't want them stopping Vecna, or anything else from the upside down. It wants the chaos." I said.

"You know a lot about this stuff." Steve said.

"Yeah. I was kinda raised into it. Since I was ten." I said.

"That's a lot to carry, especially for a kid." Steve said.

I nodded my head. I always knew it was a lot to carry. And not really having anyone to talk to about it didn't really make it any easier either.

"I know." I said. I yawned, the exhaustion from the day finally kicking in.

"When you see him, whoever this guy is, see what he knows." Steve said.

"Was already, planning on, it." I said, yawning one last time before giving into sleep.

After not very long, I began to dream, a dream where I was lucid.

I walked around a forest. "Cas!" I shouted. I looked around, seeing no sign of him.

"Cas! I need you! Help!" I shouted as loudly as I could.

After what felt like hours, Castiel arrived.

"What is it?" Castiel asked.

"You know what I'm up against. It's getting worse." I told him.

We had come up across a bench. Castiel sat down. "Sit" he insisted.

I took a deep breath before sitting down. "Why can't you reach me out there? Or in the upside down?" I asked.

"Something is blocking me. But in here, it's different." Castiel told me.

"I'm scared, Cas. I don't know how to handle this. I'm terrified, and I feel so, powerless." I said.

"I wish I knew how to help, but I don't. I've never really seen anything like what you're up against." Castiel said.

"So you can't do anything?" I asked.

Castiel shook his head. It was clear to me that he was upset that he couldn't help. "Maybe Sam and Dean can. Call them" He suggested.

"I tried. They don't know what to do. I guess we're on our own." I said.

"Yes. You and your friends. And boyfriend." Castiel said.

"I know he seems like an ass, but he's good. Kind." I said.

"I think Dean would approve." Castiel said.

"Why? Because they're alike somehow?" I asked.

"No. Because he takes care of you." Castiel said.

Time skip, morning

I had woken up. I was a bit disappointed, okay, a lot disappointed that Cas didn't know what to do, but that didn't mean that I was going to give up.

I knew that, no matter what, we were going to figure this out. I had faith in myself, and in the people I cared about. And I knew that we were not going to let evil win. Not now, not ever again.