Oliver - Harry Potter

It was a month after the battle of Hogwarts. Oliver and I were at home together. I had lost a decent amount of my memories after the war, I could remember how I felt, and some of what we went through, but I had forgotten a lot of the terrible things.

"I'm sure there is a way to get your memories back" Oliver said.

"That's the thing, I don't want them back. I don't want to remember the terrible things I've been through" I said.

"How do you know they're bad if you don't remember?" Oliver asked.

"I just, know. I know that I've gone through a lot of bad things in my life, I just, don't want to remember" I said.

Oliver held onto my hand. He looked me in the eyes, a soft look of sympathy on his face. "Your past makes you who you are." He said.

"Then maybe I'm okay with being different." I said.

"I love who you are. If you don't have your memories, you aren't you, not fully" Oliver said.

I let go of his hand and stood up. I paced the living room. Tears filled my eyes and I started to shake my head.

"I don't want to remember the pain. I don't want to." I said, my voice cracking.

Oliver got up and walked over to me. He pulled my into a hug, and I buried my face in his chest. We stood there, and I just cried into his chest.

"I know you don't want to remember love. But you need to. Maybe you aren't remembering because you aren't letting the memories in" Oliver said.

"I know that's the reason. And as long as I hold firm in that, I don't have to remember" I said.

"But you also forgot some good memories as well." Oliver said.

"I get that, but, does the good out weigh the bad? Does the good make the bad worth it?" I asked.

"Yeah. Without the bad memories and moments, how would we appreciate the good ones?" Oliver asked.

"Please don't make me remember. I don't want to." I said.

"But you need to." Oliver said.

"I know." I said.

A week later

"Y/n, are you really going to stay mad at me?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, yeah I am." I said rolling my eyes.

"Why?" Oliver asked

"You made me remember. I told you that I didn't want to remember. I saw Fred die. And Remus, and Tonks, and Mad Eyes Moody. I saw them die. I had forgotten that. I knew they were gone, you told me that, but now I know I saw them die." I said.

"You needed to remember, you needed to know the truth" Oliver said.

"Right. Just because I remembered the good things, that makes it all worth it, right?" I said.

"Please, just stop" Oliver said.

"No, I'm, I'm done. I watched my best friend, my godfather, his wife, and Mad Eye Moody die. I'm done." I said.

"What do you mean you're done?" Oliver asked.

"I mean I'm done putting up with shit like this. I'm done losing people I care about." I said.

"You can't stop things like that from happening." Oliver said.

"I know. I know. I know. It, I know. And it sucks." I said.

"Are we going to be okay?" Oliver asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, clearly confused.

"You're angry at me. Are we okay?" Oliver asked.

"Just because I'm a bit mad at you, doesn't mean I don't love you. Oliver, I love you more than anything. I wouldn't have agreed to become Y/n Wood if I didn't." I said.

"Right. I love you too, more than anything" Oliver said.

I smiled. "Good, because you're stuck with me forever" I said.

Oliver smiled back. "I wouldn't have it any other way" He said.