Eddie - Stranger Things

It had only been a couple of days since the group had found Eddie. We were thankful that the authorities hadn't, but were worried that eventually they might.

We'd go check on him as often as we could. Bring him stuff when he needed it. We did whatever we needed to do. But whatever we did, for some reason, to me, it didn't feel like we were doing enough.

I was angry that anyone would even think that someone like Eddie was capable of killing someone. He was one of the kindest people I knew. Sure, he was a bit rough on the edges, and he had a tough exterior, but, he wasn't a bad person.

"Hellooo? Y/n?" Dustin said.

"Are you even listening?" Steve asked.

I turned my head. "I'm going to be completely honest, for the past like, fifteen minutes, I haven't heard a single word any of you have said." I said.

"Of course not." Steve said.

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, Steve sounded slightly irritated. I didn't know why, and quite frankly, I didn't  care to ask.

I got up and walked out of the room. I decided to step outside. I sat down in the grass, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

I heard footsteps and someone sat down beside me.

"You're worried about him, aren't you?" Robin asked me.

I opened my eyes. "Yeah, I am. If, by him, you mean Eddie." I said.

Robin nodded her head. "Yeah. You care about him, don't you?" She asked.

"It's, more than that." I said.

"You love him." Robin said.

I nodded my head and pulled my knees to my chest. "Yeah, Robin. I do. I love him. I'd, lose my mind if anything happened to him." I said.

"Does he know?" Robin asked.

I shook my head. I hadn't told him how I felt. I'd felt this way for him for a while, I had just never gotten around to telling him that I did. It wasn't that I didn't want him to know that I felt this way, part of it was that I just wasn't very good at telling people how I felt. I wasn't very good with words.

"Why not?" Robin asked.

"I'm, not great with words. I don't know." I said.

"I think you should tell him." Robin said.

I got up. "Maybe. Tell Steve I'm leaving to see Eddie. I'll be back, probably. If I decide to stay, I'll tell you guys." I said before walking to my car.

Time skip brought to you by Eddie Munson's guitar skills

I parked my car far enough away to where it wouldn't be to evident that someone was there. I unbuckled and got out of the car then walked to the door.

While I walked I had my hands in my pockets. I was trying to think of how I was going to tell Eddie how I felt. I was beginning to wonder if I should have even come here at all.

I decided it was to late. I was already here, and there was no turning back now. I was going to do this, I was going to tell him. After all, what was the worst that could happen?

I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Clever, fair enough." I said.

I grabbed a bobby pin out of my hair then picked the lock. I opened the door then walked in, and closed it.

Eddie turned around. "I locked that." He said.

I put the bobby pin into my pocket. "And I unlocked it." I said.

"You don't have a key." Eddie said.

I walked over to him. "It's called, pick locking." I said.

"You picked the lock? You can pick locks? I didn't know that." Eddie said.

"Yeah, there's quite a bit about me that you don't know, Eddie." I said.

"Like?" Eddie asked.

"You think I'm just suddenly gonna tell you?" I asked.

"Come on, sweetheart. Please?" Eddie said.

"Mmm. Nah." I said.

Eddie took a few steps closer. "Just one thing." He said.

I looked away. "Nope. Not falling for that cute face of yours." I said.

Eddie grabbed my chin and turned my face towards himself. "Please." He said.

I took a couple steps back. "I play drums." I said.

"Is that why you came here? To tell me that?" Eddie asked.

"No. It's not." I said.

"Then why'd you come?" Eddie asked.

I looked down at my feet. I was hesitant to tell him the truth. I was worried about what he would think. I didn't know what it would mean for us if he knew.

Eddie stepped closer. He grabbed onto  my hands. "Look at me." He said gently.

I lifted my head and look at him.

"Why, did you come?" Eddie asked.

"I like you." I said under my breath.

"I don't know what you just said." Eddie told me.

"I like you." I said, a little louder.

"That, wasn't very audible." Eddie told me.

"Fuck damn it. I like you. Love you, actually." I said.

Eddie smiled. "Yeah, I feel the same way about you." He said.

I smiled back at him. "That makes me really fucking happy." I said.

"Good." Eddie said.