Caitlin - flash

I was working on a project in my lab. It wasn't unusual for me to be hiding away in my lab and working on a project. In fact, it was pretty unusual for me to not be working on a project. But, the thing was, I hadn't really left my lab the past three days.

Having not left my lab in the past few days, was raising a bit of concern from the team, especially from Caitlin. Not just because she's a doctor, and my best friend, but because she's my girlfriend. I think it hurt her to see me like this. Barely eating, except for small snacks, just enough to keep me going. Of course I did drink water, and I was so fueled up on caffeine that I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to.

I don't think anyone really understood what was driving me to work so damn hard. I mean, I always worked hard when working on a project, if I didn't, well, that probably meant that it wasn't going to come out as well as it actually could. It was the fact I was working endlessly, so hard and so long, that probably confused and worried them.

I heard foot steps then turned around.

"Hey, thought I would check in on you. See how you're doing" Caitlin said.

"I'm fine, Cait. Really. Don't worry about me." I said.

"I know for a fact you aren't fine. You've barely been eating, you haven't slept, and we both know you have not been drinking enough water." Caitlin said.

I sighed. "I've been busy." I said.

"To busy to take care of yourself?" Caitlin asked.

"Kinda, yeah." I said.

"I don't care about whatever it is you're working on, you need to go home and take care of yourself." Caitlin said.

"What I'm working on is important. It could help us fight metas." I said.

"We can already do that. Sure, whatever it is could be useful, but it's not more important than making sure you actually take care of yourself." Caitlin said.

I sighed. I put down the pieces of the thing that I was currently working on. I got up from my chair then walked over to her.

"You care, I get it. I've just, been stressed lately, and, I've needed to direct my focus on something other than DeVoe practically killing Ralph, and, I don't know, Cait. I'm just so overwhelmed, and I don't even know what to do." I said.

"I know. But you should still make sure to take care of yourself. Let's just, get you home, I'll order some pizza, we can watch a movie, and then once that caffeine is out of your system, you can go to sleep." Caitlin said.

"But I don't want to sleep." I said.

"This isn't up for debate. You need to take care of yourself. I love you to much to let you not take care of yourself." Caitlin said.

"I love you too, Caitlin." I said.

"Good. Then let's get home." Caitlin said.

Skip brought to you by the fact writing is the one thing that can get by nightmares out of my head after I wake up :):

Caitlin sat down on the couch, and I sat down next to her.

"The pizza should be here in about twenty or thirty minutes." Caitlin said before turning on the tv.

"Alright." I said.

Caitlin looked for a movie to watch. "How about this one?" She asked.

"That's my favorite movie, so absolutely" I said with a small smile.

"Alright then" Caitlin said before turning the movie on.

I wrapped my arm around her, and she laid her head on my shoulder. I kissed the top of her head. "I really do love you." I said.

"I know. I love you too." Caitlin said.