Steve - Stranger Things

We had found Eddie a few days ago. He had been  hiding out because people thought that he was the one that had killed Chrissy.

I, didn't agree with those people. I thought they were stupid. They didn't know Eddie. They only thought what they thought, no real truth.

Eddie was one of my best friends. He had been since middle school. Some people would joke about us being related, because we were so alike.

We are alike, yeah. And he's my best friend. And there isn't a thing a thing in the world that I would change about that.

And it absolutely infuriated me that there was even a single person out there that would even think that Eddie was capable of hurting someone, let alone of killing someone. It just made my blood boil.

So, at that prior moment I was hiding at home. My parents, once again out of town on a business trip, I was home alone. That was, until I heard a knock on the door.

I hadn't been expecting anyone so I grabbed my pocket knife and flipped it open, preparing myself for any stranger that may be standing outside.

I opened up the door, the knife pointing out.

"Woah, woah. Put that thing down" Steve said.

I closed up the pocket knife and put it away. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea of you being alone with this Vecna creep out there. So I came by." Steve said.

I stood to the side. "Okay. Come in." I said.

Steve walked in, and I closed the door behind him.

"Why were you holding a knife?" Steve asked before walking over to the couch and sitting down.

I walked over to the couch and sat down. "I've been on edge lately. I'm afraid, a certain person will come after me because of how close I was, am with Eddie." I said.

"Who?" Steve asked.

"Jason. He already wants to hunt down Eddie, because he thinks that he's responsible for Chrissy's death." I said.

"I'm not gonna let anyone try to hurt you. Not now, not ever. Alright? I'm your friend. Nothing is gonna happen. Not as long as I'm around." Steve said.

I sighed. "Shit. All of this fucking sucks. One of my closest friends is dead. My best friend is suspected of her death, which is absolutely fucking stupid, because he isn't that type of person, and oh, the guy I like is absolutely fucking clueless about how I feel. I mean, I drop hints, but nooo, him and his stupid perfect hair are to gosh damn clueless. Like damn. Cluelessness can be cute, but at this fucking point, I swear to fuck it's annoying." I said.

"And you haven't just, told him?" Steve asked.

I shook my head then laid down, my head in Steve's lap. I looked up at him.

"No, Steve. I haven't." I said.

Steve looked down at me. "Why the hell not?" He asked.

"I suck with words." I said.

"No you don't." Steve told me.

"Okay, I suck at telling guys how I feel. It's just, not one of the things I'm good at. I can never find the damn words." I said.

"Try to." Steve said.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times. "I have tried to, Steeeve. But, like I said, I suck at it." I said.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked.

"No, Steve. I'm not, okay. I haven't been okay. Not for a while." I said.

Steve grabbed onto my hand. "Is there anything I can do?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said.

Steve kissed the back of my hand. "I wish I could help." He said.

I let go of his hand then sat up. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to comfort my friend." Steve said.

"No. You're totally making a move on me." I said.

"Whaat? No." Steve said.

I raised my eyebrow. "I am not stupid, Steve." I said.

"I know." Steve said.

"Okay. So don't freaking lie to me. Spare me the bull crap." I said.

"Okay. Maybe I was. Sorry." Steve said.

"Don't be." I said.

"What? I thought you liked someone." Steve said.

"Like I said, clueless." I said.

"What?" Steve asked.

"I like you, dumbass." I said.

"Wait, what?" Steve asked.

I grabbed onto his face and kissed him. After a few seconds, I pulled away.

"I. Like. You. Dumbass." I said.

"You like me?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, I thought that was made pretty freakin clear when I kissed you." I said.

"It was." Steve said.

"Good." I said before laying my head back down on his lap.

"I'm gonna keep you safe. I promise." Steve said.

"I trust you." I said.

Steve leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Nothing will happen to you. I will not let it." He said.

"Yeah. Okay." I said.