Ward - Agents of SHIELD

One of my friends had been poisoned by Hydra. So, because of that, I had been gone for five days. During those five days, I stayed with her. It was a slow acting poison, one that took quite a while to kill.

"You've been distant since you got back a couple of days ago. Mind explaining why?" Ward asked.

I rolled my eyes. It really pissed me off when he decided he needed to know every fucking detail about my personal life, as if it was any of his business on the first place.

"I asked you a question. Did you hear me?" Ward said.

"I heard you. I just don't particularly feel like I owe you an answer. I left for a bit. It was approved by Fury, and Coulson. So, it is none of your business as to the why." I said.

"You're acting off. You're a member of my team, and I'm just trying to look out for you." Ward said.

"Right. That's why you took me on a walk. To look out for me." I said.

"You seemed like you could use some fresh air." Ward said.

I sat down on a park bench. We had been walking around for almost an hour now and my legs were starting to get a bit tired.

"Don't assume that you know me or what I need, Grant. Because at the end of the day, you really don't." I told him.

Ward sat down beside me. "You can tell me what happened. Talking about it could help." He said.

"Cayidul." I told him.

"Wait, what?" Ward said. He sounded surprised, as if he had no clue what I was talking about.

"My friend was poisoned by Cayidul. It's a manufactured slow killing poison that Hydra made. But, you already knew that." I said.

"What makes you say that?" Ward asked.

"Because, we've encountered it a couple of times. In fact, we had to confiscate some a while back. Didn't know your memory was that shitty." I said.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot. I am sorry about your friend though." Ward said.

I sighed and shook my head. "Oh just cut the crap. Don't pretend to sympathize with me on this." I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ward said.

"I know the truth about you. I know your secret." I said.

"What secret?" Ward asked.

"Don't play dumb with me, Grant. We both know you aren't stupid, and we both know that you know what I'm talking about. So cut the crap." I said.

"Seriously. Which secret are you reffering to?" Ward asked.

"I know you're Hydra." I said.

"That's ridiculous. I'm loyal to SHIELD." Ward said.

"Don't. You may have the rest of the team fooled, but you don't have me fooled. I know the truth. Someday, they will too." I said.

"You're not going to tell them anything." Ward said, in an almost threatening tone of voice.

"You're right. I'm not. But not because of you telling me not to." I said.

"Really? Then why?" Ward said.

"Because. I believe you can change. Be good. You just need the chance." I said.

"Then you're an idiot." Ward said.

"Maybe. But I don't care." I said.