Peter Pan - OUAT part 1

"I wish I could escape." I said quietly to my friend Olivia.

"But this is your home." Olivia said quietly in response.

"I, I guess it is. But, it just doesn't feel like much of a home. I feel trapped, I wanna be free." I said quietly.

"There's nothing you can really do about it." Olivia said quietly.

"At least you got adopted. No one has even tried to adopt me. I'm seventeen, people probably wouldn't even notice if I went missing." I said quietly.

"What are you planning?" Olivia asked quietly.

"I'm planning, tonight, I'm gonna find a way. I want to get to Neverland." I said quietly.

"You really believe in Neverland? A place with no rules, where you'll never get old?" Olivia asked quietly.

"Yeah, I do. And I hope that Peter Pan's shadow comes and takes me away. Maybe then I'll finally feel free like I have a home. Is it dark yet?" I said quietly.

Olivia nodded her head. "Yeah, it is. Just, don't do it in a room of people, the shadow may try to take more than just you." She said quietly.

I nodded my head and went upstairs. This place, this group foster home that I lived in with about half a dozen other girls, it didn't feel like home. Of course, Olivia didn't actually live hear anymore, she was just visiting me and our friend Abby.

I walked over to the art room, which was always quiet and empty at this time of night. I was usually the only one that went in anyway. I opened the door quietly and walked in, carefully closing the door behind me. I grabbed a pen and paper. I wrote a note, I didn't know how long it would be until someone found it, but eventually they would know I left, and that I was safe.

Guys,

I know this may come as a shock, but this place doesn't feel like home. Okay, I don't think this shocks anyone. So, I'm leaving, or, hoping to. I'm going to summon Peter Pan's shadow, and hope he's real, oh hell, no one gives a damn-

I crinkled up the letter and threw it away. I rolled my eyes slightly. I knew that none of them would probably even notice that I was gone. If one of them would, it would be Abby, and she would immediately know what happened. She knew how often I thought about trying to summon Pan's shadow. She thought about it too, she tried once, although, I don't think she really believed, he never even came for us.

I walked over to the window. I carefully opened it. I shivered slightly when the cold air from outside gently hit my face. I took a deep breath, allowing the cold air to fill my lungs. Olivia doubted a place where you could never get old, but she didn't know that I already couldn't. A strange thing to say, I know, but it was true.

There was some sort of enchantress that had put some sort of blessing, or curse, I don't know which one it was, that I could no longer age, or die. I didn't understand why she had done this, I had never met her before. She told me there was only a specific weapon that could kill me. A small dagger that was forged with a special type of metal that was only found in the enchanted forest.

It was one of a kind, it had a green gemstone on the end, and the blade had a goldish hue to it. Of course, no one knew about it but me. I carried it in my pocket at all times so that no one would ever be able to find it and use it against me.

"I believe." I said quietly. I waited a few seconds, but nothing happened.

"I believe" I said quietly, but a little more firmly this time. A few more seconds went by, but still nothing happened.

"Come on you son of a bitch, I said that I believe. Now take me away from this place" I said quietly, but quite firmly, almost seeming more aggressive and desperate with my tone of voice.

I felt a small gust of wind before a shadow appeared in the window sill. It stared at me with curiosity. I think it could sense the pain that I was in, and how hurt and angry that I felt.

The shadow reached out it's hand, waiting for me to grab onto it. As I went to reach for it, something inside me froze. Part of me was trying to decide if I should really go and leave all of this behind. I almost felt guilty about leaving Abby, but I needed to do what was going to make me happy.

I reluctantly grabbed onto the shadow's hand. I felt relief when it carried me out the window. I looked down as we flew over the small town that I lived in. My hand nearly slipped, but the shadow caught me, and seemed to hold onto me even tighter than before, like I was some precious cargo that it was unwilling to lose.