Jim - Sherlock

"Jim, you have no bloody idea what I am capable of. You may think me weak, but I most certainly am not. I am anything but." I said.

"Oh. You really think that you can intimidate me? Me? Really, Y/n?" Jim said.

"I know I don't, darling. Oh I know that I don't intimidate you, but I should. You think you're the only criminal mastermind with a network of people on their side? No, no, no. But, you see, one difference between us, is that I haven't been caught. I'm careful. My people, are careful." I said.

"No one ever gets to me, my dear. No one ever will." Jim said.

"Mmm, no. I know Mycroft caught you, but, you said something made him let you go, and he didn't really pursue you after that. But, I know, if you were caught, you probably let yourself get caught. Because, you're clever." I said.

"Exactly." Jim said.

"But, I'm warning you, if you threaten me, if you attempt to harm me in anyway, it'll be all out war, darling. So, be careful who you mess with, be careful who you make an enemy out of, because, make no mistake, I will not spare you if you try me." I said.

"Seems like you're threatening me now." Jim said.

"I am not threatening you. I'm willing to cooperate, and work with you. I'm willing to keep peace, but do keep in mind, self preservation. If caught, I will abandon you. I will always, above else, make sure I survive. I will make sure I'm not caught." I said.

"I would expect nothing else from you, my dear." Jim said. 

"Good, it's good that you know who you're dealing with." I said.

Two Months Later

Under cover. "Under cover" I thought. Those same words played on loop in my head. Over, and over, and over, and over, and, alright. The point was made. I was sitting in Sherlock and John's flat. About a month ago, I had gone undercover as a client, claiming that her husband had been killed by a sniper. I, of course, had pinned it on one of my own snipers. If I was going to make up a story, I had to use real people, and I had to make the entire thing believable.

After Sherlock had caught the sniper, which took an astounding two hours, which, I'll admit was bloody brilliant, and quite impressive to say the least, John said that I should stick around. I thought about it, hell, I even stepped out to call Jim, to check in, and see what his thoughts were on the idea of me sticking around with Sherlock. Jim told me that it was a brilliant idea, that, that way, I was able to get more information on him, and the cases that he was working. In this sense, I was also able to throw them off of Moriarty's scent.

Admittedly, there was, a short period of time where I did feel slightly bad for doing what I was doing. A short period. A very, very short period where I felt guilty. It isn't a familiar feeling, nor is it enjoyable in the slightest. First time I felt it, guilt, it confused me, it still does. It isn't something I'm quite used to.

"You're being rather quiet. Something on your mind?" Sherlock asked.

"Under cover" I blurted out.

"Under cover?" Sherlock asked, a slightly puzzled look on his face. Which, I got enjoyment out of. Oh, the power to be able to puzzle Sherlock Holmes.

"Under the covers. Um, yeah. Under the covers. Sorry, just, strange dream last night. Can't get it out of my damn head. That's all." I said.

"Are you alright then?" John asked.

"Yes, John. I'm alright." I said. I checked my watch. "I, also have somewhere I need to be. So, I will see the both of you another time."

And just like that, I left. I got in a cab, then they drove me off. I didn't know where I was going, but I recognized the man as one of Jim's snipers, so, I figured that he was just going to take me to him. I relaxed, and leaned my head against the window.