Sam - Supernatural part 2

"The truth. Okay. Well you obviously know that what came after you wasn't human." Sam said.

"Yes, genius. Thank you, that much was fucking obvious." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, you're right." Sam said.

"If it wasn't human, what the hell was it?" I said.

"You have no clue how appropriate the way you phrased that is." Dean said.

"Sam? What is he talking about?" I asked.

"It was a demon, Y/n. The thing that went after you was a demon." Sam told me.

I sat down. "Oh." I said.

"Yeah. There's a lot of scary crap out there." Sam said.

"And, my life is, what now?" I said.

"Look, if you want, we can just, take you home. I mean, not to your apartment, but. Back to your mom's, or something," Sam said.

I shook my head. "That's not what I want. What's my other option?" I said.

"He didn't say you have another option, sweetheart." Dean said.

"She does. She can stay with us." Sam said.

"You wanna drag her into this life? What, make her be a hunter?" Dean said.

"A hunter?" I asked.

"Yeah, we track down and kill the things that go bump in the night." Dean said.

"So you help people? Protect them?" I asked.

"Essentially, yeah." Sam said.

I thought about it for a minute. Sure, all of this was crazy. Sure, I was probably way in over my head. But, sticking around with Sam, and helping people, I would be dammed if I was going to pass up on an opportunity like that.

"I'm staying." I said.

"Okay." Sam said with a slight smile. He seemed to be glad that I wanted to stick around with him.

"Like hell. We aren't dragging an innocent girl into this crap." Dean said.

"First of all, I'm twenty-two years old, I can handle my own shit. Second of all, this is my choice. Sam said I have a choice. This is me making that choice." I said.

"You sure about this? I mean, once you get into this life, you don't really get out of it." Sam said.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said.

A few months later, present day

Saying, 'I'm sure' was probably one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made. Sure, I was glad that I was able to be close to Sam again. I even enjoyed spending time with Dean.

It was nice to be around people again. People I actually felt at home with. But damn, was this life crazy.

"You could've been killed." Dean said.

"Fucking hell, you're being more worried than I am. I didn't even get hurt. Everything is fine." I said.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Sam said.

"Really? What the hell was I thinking? That's it?" I said.

"You went after a vampire on your own. I don't even think you were thinking." Dean said.

"I thought I could handle it." I said.

Sam sighed. It was clear that he was a bit frustrated. I think both Sam and Dean were at this point.

"It was stupid." Sam said.

"I know." I said, because truthfully, I did know that it was stupid. I just wanted to prove that I could handle myself. I guess I was wrong.

"Then why the hell did you do it?" Dean asked.

"I wanted to prove that I could handle myself. Handle things on my own. I guess that I was wrong." I said.

"No kidding." Dean said.

"Look, I already lost one woman I love, I can't go through that again." Sam said.

"Wait, wait. Rewind. What?" I said.

"I love you. I, feel like I shouldn't, because of Jess. I feel like it should be too soon. But I do." Sam said. "And because of that, I'm terrified that I'm going to lose you, just like I lost her. Hell, I almost lost you almost the exact way that I lost her."

"Sam, for one, I love you too. And secondly, you aren't going to lose me." I said.

"I will if you keep being reckless like that." Sam said, tears slightly welling up in his eyes.

It broke my heart to see him upset. I sat down beside him. I grabbed onto his hand and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be more careful, I promise." I said.

"Okay. Good, because I seriously don't want to lose you." Sam said.

"You aren't going to. Not any time soon." I said.