Sherlock - Sherlock pt 1

It was seven in the morning. I had recently moved to London from California. By recently, I mean about a week ago. I had moved into my flat, 221C. Right above me, were two people. I assumed it was two people that lived there, considering the amount of talking. One of them walked around a lot, I could tell by the loud pacing back and forth.

This loud pacing, was currently going on. It had been going on for the past hour, which, was making it incredibly difficult for me to sleep. On the other hand, maybe I didn't need to sleep. Maybe, I just needed a case to work on.

My mind, I, had always been fascinated by murder, or, anything relating to such. I found thrill in hunting down a murderer, or even better, a serial killer.

I didn't know the people that lived in the flat above me, and I certainly didn't know why one of them paced around so much. I know it's only one of them that paces this amount. The two of them have very distinct walking patterns. One of them walks lighter, almost as if he has an injured leg, although, I didn't know from what. Not yet at least. I was sure I would figure that part out eventually.

I got up out of bed and walked over to my closet. As I walked to my closet I heard running down the stairs. I wondered if it was even possible for these people to be quiet. I grabbed clothes out of my closet and got dressed. Then I tossed on my coat, a scarf, and my headband.

I opened my bedroom door and walked out

I opened my bedroom door and walked out. I grabbed my black purse before heading to the front door. I opened the door and walked out. After walking out, I closed the door, then proceeded to lock it before I left.

I quickly ran out the front door, before accidently bumping into someone. I luckily caught my balance before falling to the ground.

"Sorry" I said.

"It's fine. Happens a lot. Especially when people are in a hurry, which, I can tell that you are. Why you're in a hurry though, that's something I can't" The man said.

"Why would you be able to tell if I was in a hurry?" I asked.

"Let's just say I'm good at figuring people out, normally at first glance, although, I can't seem to be able to read you" He said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Right. I'm Sherlock" The man said.

"I'm y/n. And, don't try to deduce me, or figure me out. I'm excellent at hiding things, you'll just hurt yourself" I said.

"But why?" Sherlock asked, slightly intrigued.

"Why what, Sherlock?" I asked.

"Why would you be hiding things? Unless you have something to hide? Maybe someone is after you, or you're after somebody else? Maybe you don't want people to know who you are. You don't want people to get close to you. But why?" Sherlock said.

I sighed and shook my head. "You can't figure me out Sherlock. Many have tried, many have failed. If you think, that you, of all people can, than, you, Sherlock, are sadly mistaken" I said.