Ward - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Coulson had told me Ward would only talk to me. He was in vault D, and as far as I was concerned, that was where he could stay.

"Why me?" I asked.

"He says he cares about you." Coulson said.

"He's a psychopath. I don't think he's capable of caring about anyone. Not in the slightest." I said.

"Will you just do it?" Coulson asked.

I sighed. "Fine." I said before heading over to Vault D.

As much as I didn't want to talk to Ward, and as much as I hated him, I was doing this for Coulson.

The closer I got to Vault D, however, the more sick to my stomach that I felt.

I hated what he did. How he made me feel in the end. Yes, I felt for him at one point, and he never hurt me, not directly.

I opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me. I took a deep breath before walking down the stairs.

"I thought you wouldn't come." Ward said.

"I'm doing this for Coulson. Let me make that very, very clear. I am not here because you want to see me or talk to me. Because quite frankly I do not fucking care that you want that." I said.

"Don't act like you don't care about me. We both know that's a load of crap." Ward said.

"You think that you're allowed to play with my emotions? No. I'm not going to play that game with you. Not now, not ever. So, as far as I am concerned, Grant Ward, you can go to hell." I said.

"You aren't even curious as to what I wanted to say to you?" Ward asked.

I sighed. Yeah, of course I was curious, but I didn't want him to know that I still cared. I didn't feel like I should care about him. I didn't want to. But I did. And I didn't want him to know.

"Y/n. Come on, be honest with me." Ward said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. Okay, maybe I am a little curious as to what you have to say." I said.

"Just as I thought." Ward said.

"Then just say it." I said.

"I'm sorry." Ward said.

"You're sorry? You killed people. A lot of people. You almost killed Fitz-Simmons. And you want to tell me that you are sorry? Are you kidding me right now?" I asked.

"No. I'm not." Ward said.

"An apology isn't going to fix this Ward. I think you're pretty much lucky that you aren't somewhere worse than, well, here." I said.

"Look, you don't have to believe me." Ward said.

"Good. Because I don't. And I never will." I said.

"I just want another chance." Ward said.

"Another chance?" I asked. "Another chance to what? Betray us again?"

"Look, I'm sorry. Garrett expected me to kill them. I thought they could make it out and-" Ward said.

"And make it out of the water? Yeah. Whatever Grant. That's just an excuse. You don't care about them. About us. You betrayed every last one of us, you selfish bastard." I said.

"Just. Give me another chance." Ward said.

"That isn't up to me. And even if it were, my answer would remain the same. Go. To. Hell." I said.

"You don't miss having me as part of the team?" Ward asked.

"Were you ever really part of the team? It all kind of just feels like one big fucking lie." I said.

"It wasn't all a lie, Y/n/n." Ward said.

"You don't get to call me that. That is reserved to my friends. You, Grant Ward, are definitely not my friend." I said.

"I know you can't look past what I did to you." Ward said.

"It isn't even about what you did to me. I don't even care. I care about what you did to the rest of the team. They're my family. And I will be damned if I let you hurt my family ever again." I said.

"You can't seriously be mad. Come on, just let the past be the past." Ward said.

"No. I think I'm going to stick with holding a grudge against you. Thanks though. I'm done wasting my time talking to." I said before walking to the stairs.

"Don't go. It's so lonely down here." Ward said.

"I don't care." I said.

"Please. Please don't go." Ward said.

I sighed. "If you think begging is going to work, it won't. It's just, pathetic." I said.

"Is it? Or are you still here?" Ward asked.

I walked over and let down the cell thing. I put it back up then pushed him up against the wall, pinning him there.

"You stay the hell out of my head. Forget everything you think you know about me. You don't know shit, you dick." I said.

"Dick? Did you just call me a dick?" Ward said.

"Don't. I know you're trying to get me to feel for you again, but it won't work." I said.

"It won't? Because it seems like you trapped yourself in here with me." Ward said.

"I'm not trapped in here. I can leave when I want. You are the one that's trapped like a mouse in a cage. Not me." I said.

"Then leave. Prove you can walk away from me. If you really think I'm an irredeamable piece of shit, walk away." Ward said.

I let go of ward. I let down the cell wall thing, walked out, then put it back up.

"I wish you were saveable. But you aren't." I said before walking to the stairs, up them, then opening the door and walking out of Vault D, and shutting the door behind me.