Jim - Sherlock

"You're a good person. You wouldn't hurt anyone." Sherlock said.

"I have so much more darkness than you could ever even imagine." I said.

"No, you don't. He's just tried to convince you of that." Sherlock said.

"I haven't tried to convince them of anything." Jim said.

"Like I'm going to believe a word that you say." Sherlock said.

"You really think you know me, don't you, dear Sherlock? Well, you don't. You know what I let you know, see what I let you see. Anything else is a total mystery, and I like it that way. Keeping part of me to myself. Makes things a bit more interesting. Plus, that way, well, people can't really judge what they don't know or understand, can they? If someone doesn't know I have a certain, amount of evil to me, they can't judge the fact that I do." I said.

"Why would you care if people know, my dear? I mean, honestly. Do what you want, when you want. Act however the hell you want to, and stop trying to live for other people. If they won't accept you as you are, they don't matter." Jim said.

"Huh. Who would've thought that a psychopath would actually be good at giving advice? I sure as hell didn't." I said.

"You know you have more faith in me than you actually care to admit." Jim said.

"True enough." I said.

"Just, why the hell would you do any of this? Why are you connected to the murders? And how, how are you connected? You aren't the killer. As far as I can tell, you don't even have a connection to the killer." Sherlock said.

"Ordinary, ordinary Sherlock. You really think that a genius like me wouldn't know how to cover up my own tracks? You do have one thing right though, darling. I am not the killer. But I do have a connection to him. One, that, I am afraid I will not be sharing with you. I didn't ask him to kill that woman, just in case you were going to insinuate that I did. No, no, no. I didn't even have to. I simply told him that I didn't want her around, that I hate her, and the next day, she's gone. It's so plainly simple to get people to do what you want, sometimes, you don't even have to ask them to do it. You can convince them that that is what they want." I said.

"You are quite clever. Aren't they clever, Sherlock?" Jim said.

"Quite. But the question is, why? Why would you have done that? What could that woman possibly have done to deserve to die?" Sherlock asked.

"If I am being totally honest, I just didn't like her. She was too, bubbly. Always seemed cheery and excited about every little thing. Really got on my nerves." I said.

"Give me one good reason that I shouldn't turn you in." Sherlock said.

"I technically haven't even done anything wrong. The worst thing I've done is manipulated someone into wanting someone dead. Given, that's a terrible thing, okay. It probably is illegal. But still. You won't turn me in." I said.

"Why not?" Sherlock asked.

"Well, if you want the people you know to live, you'll let them go. Unless you want my snipers on your friends, and everyone else you've ever met, crossed paths with, helped." Jim said.

"Quite the gesture to protect someone." Sherlock said.

"They are the only thing that I care about. So, yes. I would do what it takes to make sure they don't get caught or land in jail." Jim said.

"You care about me? Really, Jim?" I asked.

"Yes, Y/n. Of course I do." Jim said.

"That's really sweet. I didn't really think that you were the caring type." I said.

"Not usually, no. But I am when it comes to you." Jim said.

I smiled. I turned around, and when I did so, I noticed that Sherlock was gone. "Better hope he doesn't tell anyone about me." I said.

"If he does, I promise he will regret it." Jim said.