Archie - Riverdale

My aunt had been murdered by the Black Hood. I was sitting alone in my bedroom. I had practically isolated myself since her death. My parents had tried to get me to come out of my room, but I wouldn't.

My parents told me that they called Archie. They had asked him to come over and check on me, to see if I was okay. They tried asking me themselves if I was okay, but I didn't answer them. To me, it was a stupid question. That's why I wouldn't answer it.

My parents both seemed fine after what happened to my aunt. I didn't understand how they could even seem okay. I knew how badly this hurt. How much it broke me. And they didn't even seem half as broken as I did. Either that, or they were just really good at hiding it.

There was a knock at my bedroom door. "Come in, I guess." I said just loud enough for whoever was on the other side of the door to hear me.

The door opened and Archie walked in. "How you holding up?" Archie asked.

"Not great. My parents keep asking if I'm okay. I'm not. It feels like a stupid question. I don't understand how they can even seem okay." I said.

"Maybe they are just good at hiding it." Archie said.

"Maybe. Maybe they're just sociopaths." I said.

"I don't think that's the case, Y/n." Archie said.

"Babe, you don't know them like I do. A couple years ago they just, basically lost all their emotions. Okay, that's not exactly true. I've seen them have emotions, but it's like nothing can even hurt them anymore. It's strange, when they're like this." I said.

Archie looked at me, seemingly a bit confused. "Like what?" Archie asked.

"Guarded. Seemingly emotionless." I said.

"Maybe they just grieve differently than you do." Archie said.

"My aunt was murdered two weeks ago. I haven't seen them cry once." I said.

"I don't know. Maybe you're overthinking it." Archie said.

"Maybe." I said.

A week later.

I was sitting in an outside listening to music. "And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones. Cause most of us are heaving, through corrupted lungs." I sang with the song.

Archie sat down next to me.

I turned off the music then took off my headphones. "Hey." I said.

"Hey. How are you doing?" Archie asked.

"My aunt is dead. And, well, nevermind." I said.

"What?" Archie asked.

"It's nothing. It's fine, forget I said anything, Archie." I said.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Archie asked.

"He murdered my mom." I said.

"Who did?" Archie asked.

"The Black Hood did. It's like he's striking off the women in my family one by one. What if I'm next? What if he kills me next? I'm scared, Archie." I said.

"He won't kill you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Archie said.

"You think you can stop him?" I asked.

"I don't know. But I can sure as hell try to keep my girlfriend safe." Archie said.

"What if you get hurt?" I asked.

"I don't care. I love you, and I don't want you getting hurt." Archie said.

"You what?" I asked, a bit surprised at what he said.

"I love you, Y/n L/n." Archie said.

I smiled. "I love you too, Archie Andrews" I said before kissing his cheek.