Kai - TVD

I ran into my bedroom and slammed the door shut. It had been ten damn years since we got stuck in this damned prison world. Ten damn years. Neither of us can die in this hell hole.

Kai knocked on my bedroom door.
"Y/n, come on, get out of there." He said.

I slid down the door, laying my head against it. "No. I can't, I can't do this. I can't take on more damn day stuck in this prison world Kai" I said.

"What do you suggest we do? We can't die." Kai said.

I sighed before slamming my head against the door, basically as a 'fuck off' sort of thing. I knew we couldn't die. In here, we were practically immortal.

"I'm not going away. Not again." Kai said.

I stood up. I backed away from the door slightly then opened it. "Again? Really? I lost track of how many times you abandoned me when I threw the slightest fit. Now you're claiming that you won't leave? Right." I said.

"If you're trying to make me feel bad-" Kai started but I interrupted him.

"It's not gonna work. I know, because youre-" I started, but as if it was payback, he interrupted me.

"A sociopath. I'm a sociopath" Kai said.

"Yeah, Kai. I'm aware. A psychopath and a sociopath stuck in a freaking prison world together with no escape. God it sounds like a bad sitcom." I said. 

"Tell me about it" Kai said.

I knew that this was obviously rhetorical, him just saying he agreed.

"For fuck sake I wish you had merged with Jo and killed your father when you had the damn chance. Maybe then we would be stuck here" I said.

"Hey, you're the one that tried to stand in his way causing him to make it not only my personal hell, but your's as well." Kai said.

"Because I didn't want to fucking lose you Kai. I couldn't have lost you. I had lost enough. By the time I get out, my sister, the one damn person I had left could be dead. If I get out." I said.

"If we get out, which, we will. We will find a way to get out of here." Kai said.

"How!? How the hell are we going to find a way out of this hell who Malachi?! We've been trying for ten goddamned years! Nothing works! There's no fucking hope! So stop!" I yelled. My hands were shaking and tears flooded my eyes. "It's all fucking hopeless!"

"It's not hopeless, we'll get out, and when we do, we'll get revenge on my coven for putting us in here" Kai said.

"Right, right. Because there's totally a point in having hope. How? There's no way out. They made sure of that" I said as tears fell from my eyes.

Kai looked me in the eyes. But something was different about the way he looked at me this time, it was almost as if he felt sympathy for me. But, I didn't think that that was possible. He's a sociopath, I thought he didn't care about anyone or anything.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Like what?" Kai asked, a hint of confusion in his voice.

"With, with sympathy. Like, like you actually, care that I'm hurting. You don't, you don't care. That, that's not, you're a sociopath, I thought, I just, I thought you couldn't, care" I said.

"You, you think I care?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, I think you do." I said.

Kai walked closer to me. I backed up, but he just kept walking closer. Eventually I was backed up against a wall. Kai grabbed onto my wrists, practically pinning me to the wall.

"I dont care" Kai said.

"I don't believe you" I said.

"I'm a sociopath, you're a psychopath. We aren't really the caring type." Kai said.

"You think I don't care about anything?" I asked.

"You don't. You don't care, I don't care. It's just the way we are y/n" Kai said.

"You're wrong. I got in your father's way because I care. I care, okay? I care." I said.

"You got in his way, because you care? Care about what?" Kai said.

"You know what" I said.

Kai closed what space was left between us, our faces now about an inch apart. "Tell me" Kai said.

"You know what I'm talking about" I said.

Kai raised his eyebrow. "I want to hear you say it" He said.

"I don't want to" I said.

Kai placed a soft kiss on my neck, then looked back into my eyes. "Tell me" He said, a little more firmly this time.

"You, Kai. Okay? I care about you." I said.

Kai let go and back away. "Why? Why would care about me, of all people?" He asked.

"You're all I have." I said.

"Even back then, you cared, I wasn't all you had back then, that's not the answer. What's the real answer?" Kai asked.

"I can't tell you" I said moving away from the wall.

"Just tell me" Kai said.

I walked over to him. "I can't tell you Kai. I just can't" I said.

Kai grabbed onto my waist and looked me in the eyes. "Just tell me the truth y/n" He said.

"Because, I" I said

"Because you what? Spit it out" Kai said.

"Because I love you. I know, it's stupid, love is stupid. I wouldn't expect you to understand, Kai" I said.

Kai let go, and moved back a bit. "You're right, I don't understand. But not because I'm a sociopath and can't feel, I don't know why you would feel like that for me." He said.

"Because, despite your flaws you have always been there for me. Even when you left, you never stayed away long, and you always came back" I said.

"Those are some pretty low standards." Kai said.

"Yeah, well, can't really have extremely high standards in a world with two people. Plus, even, if we weren't the only people here, I'd still choose you" I said.

"I'm a sociopath" Kai said

"I'm aware" I said.

"But you still love me?" Kai asked.

"Yeah. I do" I said.

"I think I might feel the same way, but, I don't know. I don't really, do feelings." Kai said.

"Time will tell." I said.