Barry - the flash

"What the hell were you thinking?" Barry asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I asked you what the hell you were thinking!" Barry exclaimed.

"I was thinking I didn't want my boyfriend to get hurt." I said.

"That was dangerous, y/n! You could've gotten hurt!" Barry yelled.

"So instead I was supposed to let something happen to you!? Not a chance in hell!" I yelled.

"We can't keep doing this" Barry said.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Fighting, constantly being reckless and sacrificing ourselves for each other. It's not healthy." Barry said.

"It's who we are, Barry. Yeah, we fight, more than I'd like. Sometimes we're reckless." I said.

"We're not good for each other." Barry said.

"What?" I asked.

"You heard me." Barry said.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I asked.

"No, I think we need space" Barry said.

"Fine. Fuck you then." I said before walking out of the cortex.

Two weeks later

I hadn't been back to S.T.A.R. Labs in two weeks, not since Barry and I had fought. I'd been avoiding him the whole time. If I saw him when I walked into Jitters, I would immediately walk out.

Part of me felt like I was being a bit, dramatic with the whole thing. The other part of me felt like the way I was perfectly normal.

My phone buzzed. And I pulled it out, it was a text from Cisco:

You're needed at S.T.A.R. Labs

For what reason? I don't really feel like coming over there.

Is this about your fight with Barry?

It might be... Orrr, well, maybe it's not.

I'm guessing it is. Y/n, you know he's not actually mad, right?

He seemed pretty mad, Cisco.

He's just worried about you. He's lost a lot of people in his life, he doesn't want to lose you too.

I know. His mom, his dad, we've all lost people, Cisco. But for him to decide that he can try to dictate what I do, just because he's scared of losing me, it's controlling. I don't want to be with someone, let alone be around someone who is going to try to control me. I've had enough of that shit in my life, and I'm not going to deal with it anymore. Barry doesn't just get a free pass on that.

Y/n, come on. It's Barry.

I don't give a damn. He had told me that we are bad for each other, and that we need space. He left us behind, not me. This thing, it is not on me, Cisco. I don't want to fucking see him. I do not want to be around him. End of story. If you guys have a problem, deal with it yourselves. You don't need me over there, you guys will be fine. For the love of God, just leave me alone.

I turned my phone off and put it back into my pocket. I sat down on the couch and combed my hands through my hair. I didn't know how to deal with what was going on, not really. I had never been through something like this before, and I couldn't figure out how to process what happened.

There was a knock at the door. I sighed and got up. I walked over to the door and opened it to see Barry standing there.

"No. Go away." I said before closing the door.

"Come on. I just want to talk." Barry said.

I opened the door back up. "You have five minutes." I said before standing to the side so that he could come in.

Barry walked in, then I closed the door behind him. "I'm sorry." Barry said.

"Yeah, you should be. You were a real dick." I said.

"You were being reckless, I was just scared of losing you." Barry said.

"I get that you were scared of losing me, Barry. But you can't keep on trying to control what I do. I'm not weak. I know how to handle myself." I said.

"You don't have powers. And going in, trying to take on a meta, alone. It's dangerous, even for me." Barry said.

"I did it for the same damn reason you don't want me doing things like that. I was scared of losing you." I said.

"What if something had happened to you?" Barry asked.

"I wouldn't care, as long as you are safe" I said.

"This self sacrificing thing you keep doing, you need to stop" Barry said.

"You do the exact same thing. How about, we both just be more careful. Yeah?" I said

Barry nodded. "Yeah. Okay" He said.