Fitz - agents of shield

We had just gotten back from a mission. Someone had tried to shoot me, but being the guy he is, Fitz jumped in front. It didn't seriously wound him, after all, the bullet was only in his shoulder.

I took him to the medical wing, where Jemma already was.

"What happened?" Jemma asked.

Fitz sat down on the bed.

"My loving idiot of a boyfriend took a bullet for me" I said crossing my arms.

"I sure as bloody hell wasn't gonna let you get shot." Fitz said.

"You could've been killed though" I said sitting down next to him, and holding onto his hand.

"I was protecting you" Fitz said.

I smiled softly, brushing my thumb across the back of his hand.
"Love, you don't need to." I said.

"I will always try to protect you." Fitz told me.

"Don't want to make this awkward, but might have to take off the shirt so we can remove the bullet." Jemma said.

"Right, yeah" Fitz said taking off his shirt and setting it to the side so the bullet could be removed.

"I know you want to keep me safe, and I love you for that, but, I don't want you taking a bullet for me" I said holding back onto his hand.

"I'm sorry." Fitz said.

"No, no. Honey, that wasn't my intention. I'm not trying to make you feel bad for wanting to protect me." I said.

"Then what is it?" Fitz asked.

"I want you to be more careful. I don't think I would be able to live with myself if something ever happened to you." I said.

"Yes you would. Of course you would be able to." Fitz said.

I placed my hand on his cheek and placed a soft kiss on his forehead.
"No, I don't think I would" I said.

Jemma had finished removing the bullet and cleaning the wound. All that was left was for her to stitch it up.

"What did I do to deserve you y/n?" Fitz asked.

"You were simply you. That's enough." I said 

Jemma stitched it up.
"There. All done." She said.

"I'll grab you a clean shirt, you know, one that doesn't have blood and a hole in it. I'll be back." I said.

"Alright" Fitz said.

Jemma put her medical tools away.

Fitz sat there while he waited for me to get back.

I walked to the bunk area of the plane, and grabbed a shirt from his bag and then walked back to the medical wing.

Once I got back there I handed him the shirt and he put it on.

"Thanks" Fitz said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Being there for me." Fitz said.

"Always. I love you" I said.

"I love you too" Fitz said.

"Now, let's go find the bitch who shot you and lock her up." I said getting up.