Damon - TVD

I was sitting alone in my apartment. I had died a only five hours ago. Unfortunately for me, I had managed to die with vampire blood in my system.

How did that happen? Well, someone broke in and I happened to get stabbed. I called Damon, he used his blood to heal me. After a couple hours, I told him I wanted to be alone. Only for an hour later for someone else to break in, and kill me.

I hadn't called Damon or Stefan. I hadn't called or texted anyone for that matter. No one knew that I had died, that I was in transition. I didn't want them to know, because I didn't want to become a vampire.

I was already the type of person that was easily overwhelmed with life. My emotions were already to much. And, being a vampire, having everything heightened, it would just be to much for me to bare. I figured it was better for me to just, not feed at all.

There was a knock at my door. "Jeez, sounds are so. Loud."  I thought. I got up and walked over to the door. I looked out the peephole and saw Damon.

I sighed before opening up the door.

"I've been trying to reach you for two hours." Damon said.

"Sorry. I've been, preoccupied." I said.

Damon glanced at my shirt. "Is that blood?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"What happened?" Damon asked, concern clearly lacing his voice.

"I died." I said.

"Wait, you what?" Damon asked.

I sighed. "I died, Damon. I was killed." I said.

Damon walked in and I closed the door behind him. "You died with vampire blood in your system. You're in transition." He said.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I did. I am." I said.

"Okay. Then we need to get you some blood." Damon said.

I shook my head. "No. No, I don't want that." I said.

"What? What do you mean you don't want that?" Damon asked.

"Sorry, was I not clear? I don't want to be a fucking vampire, Damon." I said. 

"If you don't drink blood you'll die. Permanently." Damon said.

"I know. Just let me." I said.

"What?" Damon asked, sounding shocked.

"Don't sound so surprised. You knew I didn't want to be a vampire. I don't want this." I said.

"I don't want to lose you." Damon said.

"If you love me, let me go." I said.

"No. Are you insane? I'm not letting you die." Damon said.

"This is what I want." I said.

"Okay, right now I don't care. I'm not letting you die. You either voluntarily feed, or I'll find a way to make you." Damon said.

"You won't, give up on me, will you?" I asked.

"Absolutely not." Damon told me.

A couple of hours later

That was it. I had fed. Not because I wanted to, but because I chose to, for Damon. So that was that. I was a vampire now.

We sat there. Just the two of us. In the quiet of my apartment. Neither of us knew what to say to the other.

"I hope you understand." Damon said.

"I do. You didn't want to lose me. I get it." I said.

"I'm sorry." Damon said.

I grabbed onto his hand. "Don't be sorry. You saved me. You didn't give up on me, even when I wanted to give up on myself." I said.