Barry - The flash

(Your outfit)

Barry and I had been best friends since we were 9

Barry and I had been best friends since we were 9. I lived on the same block as him and Iris most of our lives. My mom and I had moved to Central City when I was 5. When I was 6, my parents died in a car crash.

Flash back

My friend Iris's dad was over babysitting. My parents were out on a date, and they were good friends with Joe. They had almost instantly clicked when we moved here.

"Uncle Joe, when will my parents be home?" I asked.
"They should be home soon." Joe told me.

I nodded my head as I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. The news had come on, saying that there had been a three way car crash. They had mentioned the license plates, and I cried when I noticed that one of them had been my parents car.

Joe was sitting down beside me on the couch.
"Mommy and Daddy aren't coming home, are they?" I asked, tears in my eyes.
"Afraid not." Joe said holding me close. "Don't worry, you can stay with me and Iris"

I nodded my head.

A week later.

It was time for my parents' funeral. I grabbed the black dress that Joe had got me for the funeral and put it on. I sat down on my bed.

Iris sat down beside me.
"I'm sorry you have to go through this." Iris said, placing a hand on mine.
"I know, it's not your fault. Things happen." I said, I wiped away the tears that fell down my face.

Joe knocked on the door.
"Come in" I said.
He opened the door, "you two ready to go?" Joe asked.
"Ready as I'll ever be" I said getting up. Iris got up from the bed as well and we walked out of the room, then we all walked out to the car.

Joe unlocked the car then Iris and I got in the back seat. We buckled up and then we headed to the funeral. 

After the funeral was over and we got home, I walked up to mine and Iris's room and changed into my pajamas. I laid down in my bed. I stared up at the ceiling. For the love of God, I'm six. I shouldn't know the pain of grief, not yet. I tried desperately to wake myself up.

Iris came in and saw me pinching myself. "Wake up. Wake up." I muttered to myself.
"What's going on?" Iris asked.
"I just want to wake up from this nightmare." I said.
"I'm sorry, but it isn't a dream" Iris told me.

3 years later.

I was sitting on the couch. Iris was sitting beside me. Joe was making spaghetti for dinner.
Iris and I were watching tv.

"Oh, I invited my friend Barry over." Iris told me.
"Oh, I don't think I've meet him before." I said.
"I think you guys will be good friends." Iris said.

I heard a knock at the door.

"Iris, honey can you get that for me?" Joe said.
"Sure Dad." Iris said.

Iris got up and opened the door. "Hey Barry, come on in" Iris said.
Barry walked inside and sat down on the couch beside me.
"Hi, I'm Barry" He said to me.
"Hi, I'm y/n." I said with a small smile on my face.

Joe came out. "Dinner should be ready soon, go wash up" Joe said.

We walked over to the bathroom to wash our hands.

After washing our hands we all sat down at the table. Joe handed us each a fork and our food.

"Thanks" We all said before eating. Joe sat down with some food as well.

2 years later.

Joe had brought Barry over. He looked like he was in shock. Barry sat down beside me on the couch, he didn't say a word. All I wanted to do was ask him what was wrong, and I did, but, he never answered. He just sat there.

1 year later

For the longest time Barry didn't talk, he barely talked, and sometimes had trouble wanting to eat. He got picked on at school. I tried to stand up for him, but they would just pick on the both of us. Iris made it her job to protect us.

End of flash back.

One thing that Barry didn't know about me was that, I was in love with him, but I would never tell him. I knew he didn't feel the same way. So what the hell was the point? If I told him how I felt, and he told me he didn't feel the same way, I'd be heart broken. I've liked him for three years, but, I'll never tell him. I know his biggest secret, that he's the flash, he told me two years after it happened. I was mad at first, but I guess, being in love with him, I can't stay mad at him.

I was sitting in the cortex.
"Hey y/n." Barry said with a smile.
"Hey. I was just about to head home" I said getting up.
"Oh. Okay." Barry said.

I walked out of the cortex and headed home. As I walked I was thinking about all of this. I didn't know what to do. I failed at any relationship, and the guy I did like, well, there is absolutely no way in hell he felt the same way. So, I just kept quiet. I know it isn't good to keep my emotions bottled up, but I couldn't risk having my heart broken, not again.

I reached the house and walked in.
"Hey, how was your day?" Joe asked.
I shrugged my shoulders and headed up to my room.

I sat down on my bed. A few minutes later I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in" I said.
The door opened and I saw Barry. He came in and sat down beside me on my bed.
"What's been going on with you?" Barry asked me.

I remained quiet for a minute. I took a breath. "It's nothing, I don't know what you mean." I said.
"Youve been avoiding me all week." Barry said.
"It's nothing Bare, don't worry about it" I said fiddling with the sleeves.

Barry placed his hand on my shoulder. "Of course I'm going to worry about you, what's going on?" He asked me.

"Nobody wants me. Every time I like someone, they don't feel the same, or the ended up not liking me anymore. I'm tired of feeling like no one would ever want me in that way." I said looking down at my feet.

Barry sat there. "I'm sorry." Barry said.
"It's whatever. Doesn't matter. I don't matter to anyone, and I'm getting used to it." I said.
"That's not true. Someone does want you, he's probably just to scared to tell you how he feels" Barry said.

"Well, if he likes me, he should tell me. I'm about ready to give up on love." I said.

"I love you" Barry told me.
"What?" I asked, assuming that I heard him wrong.
"I said that I love you." Barry said.
"Yeah, as a friend, I know" I said.

Barry put his finger under my chin. "No" He said looking into my eyes.
"What?" I asked.

Barry shook his head. "You can't tell?" Barry asked.
"No" I said.
Barry kissed me. He pulled away. "I mean, that I'm in love with you" Barry said.

I smiled. "I'm in love with you too Barry" I said.

Barry smiled. "I'm glad" He said.