Jim - Sherlock

I had been working with Sherlock for a few months now, or that's what he thought. I wasn't really working with him. I was just trying to gather information on him.

Unfortunately, that time had come to an end. Not because I had been caught, but, I knew what I needed to know, and it was getting entirely boring.

"What are you saying?" Sherlock asked.

"I believe it's quite clear what they are saying, dear Sherlock." Jim said.

Sherlock glanced over at me, then redirected his attention back to Moriarty.

"The both of you are lying." Sherlock said, disbelief evident in his voice.

"You just don't want to believe it." I said.

Sherlock turned his head to look at me. "Why? Why would I? After all of the things you did. All the cases you helped with." He said.

I shook my head. "I'm disappointed, Sherlock. I really am. I expected more from you." I said.

Jim glanced over at me, making brief eye contact for a moment. I didn't quite understand why, but I made my stomach turn. Not in a, 'I need to escape, I'm in danger' kind of way, but in a 'what the hell am I feeling for him' type of way.

Jim redirected his attention back to Sherlock. "I can't believe that you actually thought they were on your side." He said. He shook his head slightly, ever so slightly emphasizing the fact that he was indeed disappointed in Sherlock.

"How could you have hid it? I deduced you. On multiple occasions. I deduced that you were good." Sherlock said. He began to pace around the room.

Jim and I exchanged a glance. The both of us were very amused at the fact that Sherlock was stumped.

"I'm an excellent liar. Clearly I'm clever, apparently more so than you." I said.

"You have to be tricking him." Sherlock said, continuing to pace the room.

"Oh just stand still, Sherlock. The pacing is beginning to be extremely annoying." I said, a slight hint of agitation in my voice.

Sherlock stopped pacing. He turned around to face me. "Even if what you are saying is true-" he started.

"It is." Jim said, interrupting Sherlock.

Sherlock sighed with a bit of frustration. "What would you have had to gain from lying about your identity and who you were working with?" He asked.

I stayed quiet for a moment, pondering whether or not I really wanted to tell him the facts. After all, it was enjoyable to seem him so stumped and confused. It made me feel like I was a step ahead, like I had the upper hand in the situation. And in this case, I did have the upper hand.

"I don't think that they are going to tell you the reason that they did what they did." Jim said.

"Tell me." Sherlock said in a slightly demanding tone of voice.

I raised my eyebrow. "I don't have to tell you anything. As a matter of fact, I could just walk right out of here. And you couldn't do anything. You have no evidence against me. No proof that I did anything wrong other than lie about the fact I was on your side. Which, last time I checked, lying isn't really a criminal offence." I said.

"Just tell me why you did it." Sherlock said, sounding a bit more demanding this time.

"I can't believe you were stupid enough to believe I was on the side of the angels. Honestly, you're supposed to be this genius detective. And look at you, you fell for my deception. It's awfully embarrassing." I said.

"I am a genius detective. It just so happens you out witted me. This time. It won't happen again." Sherlock said.

I shook my head. "I wouldn't be so sure about that, my dear. You never know what the future holds." I said.