Cheryl - Riverdale

I had been studying with Cheryl. I left the room and when I came back I had seen Penelope hit Cheryl. In that instant I was filled with a pure rage that I had never felt before.

I ran into the room. I stood between Cheryl and her mother.

"Get out of the way. This doesn't concern you." Penelope said.

"Don't you lay another finger on her. Or so help me God I will end you." I said.

"Is that a threat?" Penelope  asked.

"I wouldn't test the theory." I said.

I grabbed onto Cheryl's  hand and shoved her mother out of the way.

"Let's get you somewhere safe." I said.

Penelope grabbed onto my wrist. "You aren't taking her anywhere." She said.

I pulled a pocket knife out of my jacket pocket. "You let go of me, or this goes in your shoulder." I said.

Penelope  looked at me with hate and anger in her eyes. She then let go of me. "I'll report you." She said.

"I guess that depends who gets to Sherriff Keller first, Mrs.Blossom. Because, I'm reporting you." I said.

"Y/n. Don't." Cheryl said.

"Why not? She hurt you." I said.

"I'm used to it." Cheryl said.

"All of the more reason to tell someone." I said.

"I have no where else to go." Cheryl said.

"You can stay with me." I said.

"She isn't going anywhere with you. You disgraceful, deviant child." Penelope  said.

"Well,  she sure as hell isn't staying with you, you abusive, psychopathic, two bit whore." I said.

"I'm leaving. With her." Cheryl said.

I once again shoved past Cheryl's  mother. "Let's go." I said.

"You leave, don't bother coming back." Penelope  said.

Cheryl looked back for a moment. I could tell that she was scared to leave.

"I've got you." I said.

Cheryl nodded her head then looked away. The both of us headed to the door, then eventually left.

Small time skip brought to you by Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe

I opened the door to Pop's. I walked in, and Cheryl walked in after me.

We walked over to a booth then sat down.

"Why did you stand up to her?" Cheryl asked. 

"I wasn't going to just let her hurt you, Cheryl." I said.

"She's  going to retaliate." Cheryl said.

"I don't care. And honestly, I would love to see her try. My army of lawyers would love to kick Penelope Blossom's arse in court." I said.

"Why did you do that?" Cheryl asked, sounding a little more persistent with the question this time.

"I did it because I care about you, Cheryl. And I don't like seeing you get hurt. It breaks my heart." I said.

"People think I'm a loveless monster. Why would you care about me?" Cheryl asked.

"I think that they're wrong. You aren't loveless. You've been hurt. So you have your guard up. And you act the way you do, because you've been hurt. That doesn't make you a bad person." I said.

"Really? That's what you think?" Cheryl asked.

"Yeah. That's what I think." I said.

Cheryl smiled softly. "I've never really had someone understand." She said.

"Well, now you do." I said.