Requested: Reunion

Requested by : Galaxia_chan20

So our best friend who came to visit is called Steve, purely because I was watching Captain America in the background -.-'

*******

A brisk walk through the forest was just what you needed on your day off of work. The boys were currently all working themselves so you had the time to relax with your own time. With music pounding in your ears, you decided to perch yourself by one of your favourite trees. The sun was warming your face and you could practically fall asleep at the comforting bliss you were experiencing. However, after the time you first met the Akatsuki, you knew not to let your guard down in a secluded area such as this. Although, during your walk through the forest, you never came across anyone nearby so, what was the problem? You thought. You wouldn't fall asleep, but just close your eyes and let the warmth embrace you as one of your favourite songs played.

5 minutes or so past and a hand was felt upon your forearm. Fight or flight moment occurred within you. Usually you would flight but not with the Akatsuki, no. They taught you to fight. Without taking a moment to think or open your eyes, you swung your legs around this strangers head, putting them into a headlock; courtesy of Kakuzu's teachings. Upon opening your eyes, you were shocked. You let go instantly and took your headphones off, "Steve?"

"Whoa..Nice greeting, [Y/N]. Remind me to never mess with you" he chuckled, rubbing his neck and he sat back up.

You lunged yourself into a vice grip of a hug around his neck, "When did you get back?! I haven't seen you in a year!"

Steve was your best friend for years, always stood by your side. He was very protective over you, he loved you dearly and you cared so much for him. When you were kids, you did everything together. You were inseparable but when his family moved abroad, you lost your spark. Yes, you grown a bit more independent but after he left, you were succumb to bullying and lack of friends. Your protector was no longer there. 

" I leave tonight unfortunately. I've been looking for you but you must have changed your number or something" he chuckled softly, embracing you back.

"What brings you all the way back here?" you asked happily.

"We came to see my grandparents, my grandfather became ill. But of course I came to see you too silly" he teased.

"Are your grandparents alright though? Will they be okay?"

He scratched the back of his head, "Yeah I hope so. Mum's considering finding a home near us but it'll be hard to persuade them to come with us. Enough about that though, how have you been buddy?! I've missed you so much".

"Yeah, I've been good! A lot has happened since I last saw you. I moved out of the family home-"

"Really?! Finally! You needed that sense of freedom for so long! Is it near? Can I see?!" He held onto your hands, so hopeful and happy for you. You smirked, "Yeah sure, the house is empty so I don't see a problem"

The information caused his eyebrow to raise, "empty? You have a roommate?"

You laughed nervously, "More like...8?"

"8?!"

"I can trust you, right?"

"Of course you can! What kind of question is that!?" he said slapping the back of your head, scolding you for such a foolish question.

"Alright, alright! Jeez. On the condition that you don't tell anyone what strange thing I'm about to tell you..you're in for a long story"

He looked at his watch quickly before getting to his feet and holding a hand out to you, "I've got about 5 hours. You're good to go!"