Requested: Top Surgery

This was a wonderful request which I hope I did it justice. I could have gone many ways and It was very hard to keep short. For readers; [Y/N] in this story is Non binary, using He/They pronouns. Enjoy <3

*******

"Are you ready?" Kisame squeezes your hand slightly to regain your attention as you lay on the hospital bed staring into space. He pulls you back into reality, "Yes and no" you say with an expression even he can't decipher.

"It's a big operation, so it's okay to be nervous" Kakuzu consoled.

"A few hours of anxiety, for a lifetime of happiness" Itachi sums up, looking around the room at all the equipment.

"I don't get it still" Hidan shrugs.
"Nothing knew" Kakuzu comments.

"Dare I say it, I could have saved YOU money; Kakuzu" he said whilst plumping up your pillow for the 5th time.

"We've been over this. You can't slice them off with your scythe. Blood loss, infection, trauma, huge scars.. These are only a fraction of the implications" Sasori explains sitting on the edge of your hospital bed, his feet not even touching the ground.

"[Y/N]-chan is better off this way. It's safer and keeps them happy!" Tobi exerts whilst clicking all the buttons on your bed, making your legs raise, then your head. Zetsu takes it away form him, scolding him not to touch anything in the room.

A nurse comes in, surprised by the amount of the visitors, "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask for you all to leave. We will be starting soon"

They look to her and then to you. Tobi immediately cries, flailing his body on you, "Be safe [Y/N]-chan. Tobi will miss you!"

"The operation is only a few hours..hm" Deidara mumbles dragging Tobi off as the rest give their wishes and leave.

Suddenly, the room feels so empty. You look down at your hospital robe and it all feels so real, the Akatsuki surprised you with the money. You no longer have to bandage or bind yourself. You'll be free from the weight on your chest. The best part of it all, they were so understanding. You didn't even need to ask, they did this off their own backs. You had the money, almost. But they wanted you not to worry at all. They worked endlessly to get you here.

Whilst no one was looking, Tobi bounced through the wall quickly and ran up to kiss your forehead. After about 10 seconds of looking at you he pauses, "I-I can still do that, can't I?" he says a bit embarrassed. He was the first to know about this. You two share a strong bond and he is the one person you know that will never leave your side.

"Only stop when you want to" you smile softly

"Then Tobi will never stop" He smiles behind the mask, a mix of happiness and nerves for you. He squeezes your hand before anyone notices he's gone and disappears. Zetsu blends through the wall behind you, catching your attention with a ruffle of the hair, "Be safe, we will be here the whole time for you" You thank him with a wide smile as he escapes into the walls like Tobi.

*After the surgery *

"Gentlemen please, it's not been long since the surgery." The nurse warns and scolds whilst the others push through the tiny door to see you. Sasori was first. Not the welcoming you had expected but considerate enough. He was analysing everything around you, checking everything was satisfactory in his eyes. He lifts a clipboard with all your information and checks your vitals on the machine. Tobi ran in straight after him but froze upon seeing you. He wanted to jump on you but knew that it wasn't advised. He stared at your exhausted and pained face until you smiled nodding. He very gently crawled on the end of the bed and hugged your legs tightly.