Requested: No shame in crying

Pain walked through the base and noticed one head was missing. He questions, "Where's [Y/N]?"

Hidan answers, "Training grounds"

"Again" Deidara sighs

"Not again, she hasn't left" Zetsu comments

Pain continues to listen in on the conversation and the fact you have been training almost non stop, refusing to quit. He decided to go outside and see for himself. He watched you fall over and over, getting frustrated with yourself. Your yells of frustration could be heard from where he was. He began to head in your direction.

He makes himself known, "In order to succeed, you have to fail first. Learning from mistakes will only make you stronger."

From the sound of his voice making you jump, you turn to face him. You didn't know he was near, let alone observing. You frowned feeling defeat, "I'm trying, Leader. I'm trying so damn hard!!!" you weren't shouting at him, but you were struggling to hold in your stresses of the day. All this anxiety was disrupting your chakra control. Stopping you from simple tasks like standing on water. Your mind was elsewhere and Pain could see that.

"If you wish to explain to me what is bothering you, don't hold back" He stood watching your every move. Your face dropped and your head lowered as you sunk down. "How can I ever compare, let alone equate to the Akatsuki. What the fuck am I doing here...I'm nothing but a burden"

He crouched down to your level and placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, "You're home. That's why you're here."

Your eyes immediately shot up to his. Not expecting that answer from him. He hasn't known you for long. You've been so concerned on whether he liked you or simply put up with you for the sake of the others.

"Members of the Akatsuki have lived and grown up in their own villages, training to become who they are now since a very young age. You, on the other hand are learning from now. You have accomplished much more than you understand. When I was a boy, it took me twice as long to learn what you have. You are astounding. Yet you don't even realise."

Your eyes didn't pull away from him, the shock of his words went straight through you. He watched you intently, seeing the tears pool in the waterline of your eye. You did everything to stop them from falling, feeling weak in front of the strongest man you have met. The look in your eyes reminded him of himself when he was younger. He could sympathise with your feelings. Gently, he says, "There's no shame in crying. I promise"

"It's weakness" you say stuttering back the sharpness in your throat. Fighting it.

"It just means you're human"

By that point, it's as if he commanded you to, for they could not hold back any longer. They poured down your cheeks, staining them. They kept falling down at a fast rate. He wipes them away with the pad of his thumb. You sniffed back and couldn't compose yourself anymore. He takes the opportunity to give you the embrace you needed to feel secure in yourself.

"You're not weak. You're so much stronger than you think."

"Not strong enough" you sputter under your breath.

He gently pulls away, watching as you wipe your tears with your sleeve. He then holds both of your hands and rises, pulling you up with him. "If that's how you feel then allow us to spar."

"With you, Leader? There's no way."

"It's an order, [Y/N]. I will continue to train with you until you believe you are strong, just how I see you. Now come, fight"