angels like you (rick/daryl/negan) -mini series-

(Yes, I know RICK IS NOT DEAD. But for the sake of this, he is dead and gone and the group believe he is anyway, so I am sorry🥲 play the song as you read, IF YOU CRY AND YOU WILL, I AM SORRY OKAY)

Rick was the love of my life, he was the only reason that I was still alive, why I stayed with the group. He was my only reason to be happy. Now, he was gone and I was alone. I didn't have my sunshine anymore and it killed me inside, no one could compare to how he made me feel, it broke me in half every time, the reminder of the pain that I was in, every day being here, with Daryl and everyone, it made it so hard to carry on. I took a shaky breath, as I turn onto my side, Rick's side of the bed empty, as it had been for a long time, it had only been a year since he died, but it felt like yesterday. I sighed deeply, as I sat up, wrapping my arms around myself as I sat in the darkness, my heart still ached for him, it absolutely destroyed me every day that he wasn't here with me anymore, it was still so hard to talk about him, I just couldn't stand it. I packed a bag, heading outside and through the gates, since it was early and I didn't want to bother anyone, especially Daryl, my best friend. I knew I had to leave, I had to find myself, whoever that person was, she was somewhere. As I headed into the woods, I just realised I couldn't ever go back to them, I'd never see Daryl ever again, none of the people I called family and I'd have to live with that, but I knew it was better this way, I couldn't stand the pain of losing Rick any longer, I had to go. I had to.

Six months passed, I found somewhere to settle on my own, I'd heard nothing from anyone for months, but maybe it was better that way, I knew that I had to find myself and be alone. As I pulled up to an abandoned gas station, I heard some noises inside, assuming that walkers had found their way inside, I slowly approached the door, my knife up against my shoulder, as I turned to see Negan, he had a rusted pipe in his hand, ready to attack until he saw my face. "Holy shit." I whisper, in complete shock that he was alive. "I- y/n?" He looked just as shocked as I was, I drop my knife as I pull him into a hug, relieved he was here, I wasn't alone anymore. He held me tightly in his arms, as I felt like crying, Negan had got me out of a dark place so many times, I owed him so much and I was honestly glad to see someone I knew after all this time being on my own. "I'm so sorry, darlin'." He whispered, I shake my head as I squeeze him tightly, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I lean into his chest as I sobbed softly, he kissed my forehead as we both just stayed silent, before my tears ran dry, I pulled myself away again. "Are you going back to them?" I referred to the group, as Negan made a sad smile. "Daryl's here, he's close by.. we came out here together.. with a couple of others.. he'll want to see you, y/n. He misses you so much." He held my shoulder, as I shook my head. "It's better he doesn't see me.. or know I was here. Right, Negan?" I couldn't break Daryl's heart, not again. It was too late for that. Negan just agreed, knowing he would keep my secret. I kiss his cheek, before turning and rushing off into the woods, keeping my eyes open in case Daryl was to spot me, I didn't need that right now, I had to keep moving, no matter how badly I miss him.

Weeks went passed, as more time went on, I was beginning to think I would never find somewhere to settle and call my own, it just felt impossible to me. I sat on the side of the empty, abandoned highway as I spot a figure in the distance, a man, of what I could tell, he walked alone, but kind of familiar to me, I rub my eyes tiredly, as I stood slowly, I grab onto my knife, as I lean into the post behind me, as the person came closer, I froze. That face. A face that I had spent years believing was gone, Rick Grimes. I knew I wasn't seeing things, this was reality. He stopped, when he saw me, he looked shocked, more than anything else. "Oh my god." I whisper, my throat felt dry as he looked into my eyes, "Rick?" I was speechless, I didn't believe what I was seeing. "Y/n.." he broke into tears, as he pulled me into his arms, relief flushed my body as I held him tighter than I ever had before, knowing he was alive after all this time, it was so worth the pain. "I'm so sorry, I love you so much." I cried, as I grip onto him, never wanting to let go ever again. He held me in his arms, just looking at my eyes. "I swear, you have no idea how incredible it is to see you, baby. I've missed you." He whispered, as he kissed my forehead, not letting go of me for a second. I never wanted this feeling to end. "Come home, Rick. Please." I kiss his hands, as he looked down at me. "I love you so much, y/n. I always have, you'll always be a part of me.. but, I have to let you go. Goodbye, sweetheart." He gently kissed my lips, before he let me go, turning and walking away from me, knowing I'd never see him again, but I felt free, I knew that this time, I had the closure I needed; that had to be okay.

"Y/n?"

I turn around, as Daryl Dixon came into my view, I didn't know what to think, I was just starstruck, it had been well over a year now since I left, I didn't even know what I was thinking, it was a blur to me. "Daryl..?" I whisper, my throat dry and painful, as I had to hold my tears back, a pang of guilt hitting me, as I remembered Rick was alive and I knew I could never tell him the truth. He walked to me, as he pulled me into his arms, so tightly that I almost couldn't breathe. I wrap my arms around him tightly, as I lean into his neck. I felt his breath against my shoulder, as I relax against his body, just relieved he was okay, he wasn't angry with me anymore, I could finally go home, this time I was safe. "He went home this time, didn't he?" Daryl spoke gently into my ear, as I frown, confused. "What? Who?" I look back at him, as he watched me, a small smile on his face. "Rick went home. I saw you both, I heard everythin'.. but it's okay now. Rick went back home. And he's safe. And you've accepted that. You're going to be okay, because Rick Grimes is home."

"He'll always be a part of us, won't he?"

"He'll never leave us, y/n. He's always here."

"Always."

(JESUS. That was an emotional rollercoaster! I'm sorry for the massive plot twist, but yep Rick is alive!! And at least y/n got a happy ending, she went home with Daryl! Should I make a second part? Maybe Daryl romance is coming? Or negan? Love triangle anyone?!?)