rumors (Rick Grimes x reader) (large age gap)

TW: Attempted rape

Rick and I had been best friends for years, he had got me through a lot of shit, when I lost everything, he made me a fighter and I was stronger now, I could fight for myself and I didn't take any shit. I knew I was still young, but he was like a dad to me, he had my back since the start and I'd never let him down. I had been trying to get in some practice with Daryl, he was helping me out and I had to keep my mind busy, since Rick was on my mind all the time, I was starting to get more than just a fatherly love from Rick, I wanted him to be mine, I thought about fucking him constantly, just being close to him and I knew I couldn't, he had kids and he was a grown man. "Somethin' on yer mind?" Daryl asked me, as I shake my head, "Nah, I'm good. I'm just thinking." I look away, as I sigh softly. "Rick?" He crossed his arms, I lean against the tree. "I think I love him, Daryl. And that scares me. That terrifies me.." I look down, as he watched me. "Y/n, I know. Everyone knows." He looked away, as I look at him again. "I have to go." I grab my knife and turn, before walking away from him, he didn't stop me. I just had this tightness inside my chest, I couldn't explain it. In the distance, I saw Rick talking to Michonne, they both laugh as she hugs him, I don't know why it made my heart hurt, I was so stupid to think he would ever look at me like that. I hear a rumble of thunder, as I look up, it begins to pour with rain, I just close my eyes as the cold water ran down my body, Atlanta had always been hot, it hardly rained here. I turn and I leave the gates, as I started to run out. I didn't stop, despite the shouting, I had to keep going, I couldn't go back there now.

When the rain fell down, I lean into the tree behind me, just feeling the cold water on my skin, when I felt someone grab me from behind. "What the fuck was that, y/n?" Rick's words made me melt inside, his arm tight around my waist, my back against his chest. "Let me go." I whisper, as the rain started to slacken off, he pulled me against the tree, his eyes on mine. "You can't just run off like that and not tell anyone. I was scared you'd do something stupid." He sighed. "I'm sorry." I look down as he pulled me into his arms, "Don't you ever run from me.. ever again." He looked into my eyes as I hug him tightly, leaning into his chest as I shut my eyes tightly, I was trying hard not to cry, it hurt so bad. "Rick, I-" I take a breath, as my voice shook, my tears running down my face. "Honey, what- why are you crying?" He frowned, as he held my shoulders, "Talk to me, c'mon. Tell me what's wrong." He ran a hand over my hair as I shake my head, "Come on, y/n." He grabbed my hand, "No.. no, I'm not going back." I pull my arm back as he pulled my arm, "You're being a dumb ass, y/n.. come." He glared, "I've been in love with you for the past four years, Rick." He stopped suddenly, like he was frozen by the idea of me loving him, "Goodbye, Rick." I whisper, as I turn and ran off into the woods. "Y/n, no! Wait!" He shouted, as the rain had finally stopped, I could only hear my breathing. I lean against a tree, as the darkness took over, the sun setting in the distance.

"Surprise." I heard a man, as he suddenly grabbed me, making me scream out, his hand around my throat as he held a knife to me, "Take off her pants. Now." He snapped to one of his creepy men, he went to try and remove my jeans, When Rick, Daryl and Negan all appeared from the trees, I had never seen anything so scary in my life. Rick was pissed, he looked like he was ready to draw blood. "Let her fuckin' go, you asshole." Rick held his gun to the man, as his others held my arms down. "Now." Daryl held his crossbow up, Negan looked at me with so much sadness in his face, I knew he wanted to help me too. The man grazed his knife against my throat, as he ripped open my shirt, my bra now on show, I felt helpless like this. Rick had seen enough, he lunged at the man, as he went straight for the jugular vein in his neck, he ripped it out with his bare teeth, spitting the blood onto the ground as the man bled out on the ground, as Daryl and Negan both killed the other two, as Rick held me in his arms, I cried. I cried from how afraid I was, I didn't know what would of happened if he wasn't there. Negan pulled his jacket over me, as my shirt was ripped in half, Rick carried me all the way back to Alexandria, as I slowly fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up later on, he was laying beside me, eyes closed, as he breathed softly, I watch him for a moment, as I just try and breathe with him, to relax. He slowly opened his eyes, as he looked across at me, he smiled. "Hi, baby." His voice just relaxed me, so much that I just lean over, kissing his cheek gently, our faces touch as he held onto my cheek, as he looked into my eyes. "I'll protect you forever, y/n."

"As shall I, Grimes."

😊😊😊