goodnight and goodbye (Rick)

(Get your tissues ready people because this is gonna be a depressing one! Oooooof🥲 TW: Suicidal mentions)

The day Rick went down on the bridge, I screamed. I screamed like I never had before. The man I loved, the man I'd die for.. he was gone. And my heart couldn't take it. Daryl held me back, I tried to run to him, to save him.. but I couldn't. His arm around my waist, holding me back as I sobbed, my body crushed as I felt like I was dying, I just couldn't take this pain inside me, it absolutely broke me. I just couldn't imagine this life without the man I loved, the man who made me happy again, after all this time. A week passed, one week. I had gone back to the ruins of the bridge, broken and burnt down, I sat on the muddy bank, I had always figured Rick's body was swept away in the river, since we never found it, his body was never recovered. (😏 MY MANS AINT DEAD SIS BUT YEAH, she don't know that.) I sobbed, as I lay there, staring up at the sky, before I close my eyes tightly and I just lie there, not moving a muscle, I didn't want to do anything anymore. I just wanted to leave, I wanted to be with Rick, I didn't care about anything else. I wouldn't care if walkers found me, or if I got burnt to death or even if I was crushed. I just wanted to go, silently.. maybe if I just used a gun or a knife. I wouldn't have to deal with the aching inside me, I could just leave this world for good and never think about anything ever again, I wouldn't have to worry about anyone else. I'd be free.

I didn't know how long I'd been lying here, until I felt a shadow over me. I slowly open my eyes, seeing Daryl stood over me. "The fuck are you doing here?" He sat beside me, as I shrug. "I want to die, Daryl. I'm just waiting for something to kill me." He looked away, "Don't do this, y/n. I know you hurt, okay? I don't blame you.. but please, you need to try and move on." He sighed deeply. "Move on?" I sat up, my back covered in mud. "Fuck you, Daryl. I can't move on. I want to die, alright? I want to get stabbed.. or shot.. or maybe even drown. I don't care. I want to die." I snapped back, as he grabbed my shoulders. "Will you listen to yourself?! Snap out of it!" He shook my shoulders, as I glared. "I love him, Daryl. I can't just let this go." I look away, as he pulled me into his arms, I squeeze him tightly, as he held me there, I didn't want to let him go. Daryl had been there for me from the beginning, he was my rock and helped me through the hard times. And he was here now, he kept me sane. "You ain't gonna kill yourself. Not on my watch. You're family, baby. And that ain't changing. Now, grab my hand and let's go." He held his hand out to me, as I grab onto his larger hand, before we both walked through the woods, back towards Alexandria. "Daryl, wait." He stopped, looking to me. I untie the necklace around my neck that Rick gave me, holding it in my hand. He watched my eyes, as I turn and I drop it into the river, watching it sink down. He stayed silent, as I take a shaky breath, I shut my eyes for a moment. Every single memory of Rick flashed through my mind, as I open my eyes once again.

"Rick Grimes, I let you go. Goodnight and goodbye."

(Fuck, that was a bit emotional. Pls listen to the song as you read! And as you know, Rick isn't dead lol but they believe he is so yeah! Sorry for making you sad, I'll update soon love ya🦄)