Runnin' my own game (Daryl)

"Do you honestly think that I'm just going to sit here and do nothing? Forget it, Rick!" I shouted, me and Rick, once again, arguing about me wanting to go out and fight against Negan and the Saviors. We knew it was bad, but I wasn't sitting back and letting that piece of shit get away with it. No way. "I said no, y/n. You're not goin'." Rick shakes his head, I grab my gun, "I'm twice as strong and fast as half the men in this place. Don't underestimate me. Ever." I glare at him, and he just gave in.

I grab my knife, heading towards the gates with the others, when I felt someone grab my arm, tightly, so I turn around. "Didn't Rick tell you to stay here?" Daryl glared, looking at me, with those god damn eyes. Ugh. Why was he my weakness? "I'll show you who's weak." I scoffed, as I knew I could take out a good load of walkers, singlehandedly. "Watch me."

I silently took out half a herd of walkers, everyone seemed shocked that I could do it, but I knew I had it in me, even Daryl was impressed. "Never thought I'd see the day I made Daryl Dixon speechless." I smiled, god. I was seriously in love with this man and it was literally the worst timing ever.

I thought I had it together. I was so confident. I was ready. I was going to kill Negan. "Y/N!" I heard Daryl shout to me, but I didn't make it in time, I didn't move quick enough, a few of Negan's men found us, this man stabbed me in the side of my hip, but somehow, I managed to still take his knife and cut his throat open, his blood covered me, as I fell to my knees. "God damn it, y/n." I felt Daryl grab onto me, before I fell completely. "I guess I'm just too cocky." I looked up at him, and I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

"Don't you fuckin' dare close your eyes. Look at me." He grabbed my hands, trying to put pressure on my wound. "I don't wanna die like this." I whisper, as Rick and the others crowded around me. "I knew this was a bad idea." Rick managed to bandage me up tightly, and I eventually pass out, I didn't want to turn into a god damn Walker, I'd kill myself before I let that happen to me.

I woke up, with no memory of what happened, I was surrounded by medical stuff, I guessed I was in the infirmary. "Daryl?" I look around, as Siddiq, who was the 'doctor' of the group, came to check on me. "How are you doing?" He sat beside me. "Shitty." I manage a smile, and he sighed. "You're lucky, y/n. One more inch on that knife and you would of been dead." He looked at me again, "I got too cocky and it was my fault." I look away, "No one knew. It wasn't on you. I promise you that." He kissed my forehead, I just bite my lip.

"Is Daryl around?" I looked at him again, he nodded. "He wouldn't leave you. He refused to leave. He really cares for you, you know." He went to get Daryl, who was just having a cigarette outside. When he came in, he looked relieved. "Can we talk? Alone?" Daryl looked down, as Siddiq nodded, leaving us alone. "I know, okay? I was reckless. I should have listened." I didn't want to hear whatever he had to say, I didn't need more fighting. "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Negan. And I'm pissed that I didn't save you." He grabbed my hand.

"This wasn't your fight." I frown, as I squeeze his hand. "I couldn't bare losing someone else." He mumbled, I lean over, gently kissing his cheek. "Not everything is your fault, Daryl." I smile sadly and he just kissed my head. "Get some sleep. I'll come by later." He ran a hand over my hair and he smiled a little. "I'll be fine. Just go." I sat up slightly, as I look out the window. "Hey, y/n?"

I turn around, "Yeah?" I didn't know what he was going to say, I was kind of worried. "I'm not good at this shit, y'know.. but, I really do love ya. Just be careful." He nodded, as he left me alone, to deal with what he just told me. Oh my god. What?

(Part 2 is coming!!! Wahoo)