dynasty (rick)

"That's it, Rick! You don't understand! Who even are you, anymore?!" I shouted, I shoved him back, as he gave me that look, a look I'd dreaded every time. "I ain't leavin' you here." He looked away, as I ran a hand over my hair, "It's been five years, Rick. Five fucking years. Lori is dead. If you don't wake up right now and see that I'm here, for you.. I don't know what else to tell you." I take a deep breath. "You honestly believe that I wouldn't give a damn bullet to keep you alive? 'Cause you already know I would." He snapped, "You don't have to keep me fucking alive, Rick! Are you on a fucking power trip?! Is this about Negan? What is it?" I lean back against the tree, as he looked back at me. "Fuck Negan! This is about us! Everythin' I've done for you! I saved your ass all those years ago and I never god a damn thank you." He rolled his eyes, as I scoffed. "Fuck you and fuck your little 'I'm a leader' routine. We know it doesn't fly with me, Grimes." I snapped back, as he glared lowly. "I wish I left you to die in that house." He growled, that was when it hit me. The words. The pain. Everything I didn't want to hear. "What?" I whisper, his eyes softened when he realised what he said. "Y/n-" I shake my head, "Go." I turn away, as he went to grab my arm. "I said, go!" I screamed, as shock filled his face. He hesitated, for a moment, but he turned and he walked away from me, as tears ran down my face, I felt like I couldn't breathe, it absolutely destroyed me. Why would he say that?

I had walked for miles, Rick's words heavy on my heart, but we both said things we didn't mean. It was in the heat of the moment, I did need him. And I wouldn't survive this world without him by my side. I felt weak, but I had to keep going, there was no way back. I get to the road side, seeing an abandoned car, so I check for walkers, before I try the door, it was open. I check inside again, it was clear. I knew this wouldn't work, but I had to try. "Damn." I sighed, the silence was so deafening, but I had to try and be strong. In the silence, I knew I just had to get off what was on my mind. "I've been in love with Rick for two years." I admitted, even if it was myself, I had to say it. I had to say it out loud. I didn't know how far I'd get without him, but I had to go back, I had to find him. I realise the car was out of gas, so I get the tank, before trying a gas station further down the road. "This is a joke." It looked empty, so I fill the tank, keeping an eye out, just in case. "Drop the tank." I heard a voice behind me, as a gun clicked, my eyes widen, as I slowly drop the tank, I turn around. It was this man, he was very tall, lanky, beard. He had a couple of people with him. "Damn, you're sexy. How about we take this one with us?" He smirked, I was absolutely terrified. I didn't know what else to do, "You really don't want to do that." I knew I could take these guys, Rick had taught me how to hold my own down. "Oh, yeah?" The guy went for me, when I take a knife from my side, cutting into the jugular vein in his neck, as I throw my knife to the other man, plunging him in the face. "You wanna get tough, wise guy?" One man standing. "Consider this one taken." The voice of reason, Rick grabbed the man's neck, before slitting his throat open, dropping him to the ground.

"Am I glad to see your alive." I was covered in blood, as I cross my arms, giving him a look of anger, but also relief. "I had a feelin' you'd need a hand." He sighed, "I shouldn't of said what I did." I nodded, "It's forgiven, Grimes. Forget about it." I shrugged it off, as he smiled a bit. "Truce?" He held his hand out, as I grab it. "You got it, Boss." I roll my eyes, as he playfully squeezed my hand, as I let go, he looked back towards the highway. "Any idea where we are?" He looked back, as I took a breath. "Y/n?" I look down, I had to tell him. I couldn't hide this feeling anymore. "Rick, I have to go." I couldn't just run, but I was scared, I was still that scared kid running from my parents, I always had been. "Go? Go where?" He was confused. "I just have to go, can you accept that?" He shook his head. "Talk to me, y/n. What is wrong with you? Just tell me, damn it." I take a breath, "The past two years, I've kept a secret from you.. something I never wanted to tell anyone. I couldn't tell you. I just- I couldn't do it." He nodded. "Go on. Tell me." He took my hands.

"I'm in love with you, Rick." I whisper, as I felt the relief for finally telling him, he grinned, as he pulled me into his arms. "Thank god for that, I haven't been flirtin' with you for the past year for nothin'." He smirked, as I squeeze him tighter, I felt so much more content, that he knew how I felt. "Come on. Let's go home." He wrapped his arm around me, as we both walk down the abandoned road together, arm in arm. And it was just enough.

We were enough.

(🥰✨🤍)