coming back to you (daryl)

Rick's death had changed things between our group, our family was broken, people I loved had died, I felt like I was losing everyone that I had grown with, people that made me better, saved my life and got me through, fought for me, kept me going when I wanted to give up. Daryl had given up on me, he wasn't the man that I thought anymore, I loved him so much that my chest burnt like hell whenever I looked at him too long, he seemed pretty happy with Connie, so I just backed away, I grew apart from everyone, I didn't even recognise anyone I knew anymore, I just wanted Rick to be alive and I couldn't get over this feeling of emptiness inside me, I missed him like hell and I knew he wouldn't be coming back this time. It had only been a couple of months since he died, I just couldn't shake it, I lost the people that I thought would of carried me through, now I was alone, more alone than ever. "Y/n?" I turn and I saw Negan stood awkwardly at the door, he smiled gently. "What are you doing here?" I had always got on with him, he was a friend, probably the only person I had left. "I think you need a hug, darlin'." He opened his arms to me, I just nearly run to him, as I held onto him tighter than ever, he rubbed my back, as he leaned against my shoulder. "I know you miss Rick, doll. I'm sorry." He held onto my neck, as I tried not to cry. "I miss him so much, it hurts like hell. It hurts so much, Negan.. I needed Daryl to be with me in this and he doesn't care. I love him so much and he doesn't see it." I sighed, as he looked at me. "You need to talk to him, y/n. Tell him how you feel. Don't leave it until you can't. Trust me.. I regret not telling Lucille I loved her.. and now she is gone." He looked away, I gently kiss his cheek. "She isn't gone, Negan. She's here." I place my hand on his chest, as he sighed. "Go and tell him."

I headed down to where Daryl usually was, he hung out with Carol a lot, also Connie, sometimes. We hadn't really talked since Rick died, it just burnt out. He had his head down, he was working on his bike, alone, sat on the porch, he seemed busy, but I had to do this, I didn't know how much longer I had. I was so scared to do this, but I knew I had to tell him now. "Daryl, we need to talk." I cross my arms, he looked up at me, as he stopped. "About what? You stopped talkin' to me months ago, what now?" He frowned, as that kind of hurt. He didn't even like me anymore. "You're blaming me for Rick's death, Daryl. It isn't fair. You have to let me move on." I sigh, as he frowned. "I don't blame you, what the fuck? Why would I do that? You don't speak to me, you don't even see me." He snapped. "Rick isn't the only person who died that day! I did too! I thought my best friend would have my back, I thought you'd stay with me and you ran, once again! I hate that I love you, Dixon! Damn it!" I turn and I walk away, as I knew I couldn't stay here anymore, my head was pounding, I couldn't take it anymore. "Stop it, y/n! Damn it!" He grabbed my arm and he pulled me back, as I felt like I couldn't even breathe. "Look at me. Calm down." He grabbed my face, as I try and control my breathing, he pulled me into his arms, as I try and calm down, I didn't want to ever let him go, he was my world. "I'm here, please just.. talk to me next time." He mumbled, I just nodded as I lean against his shoulder, he ran his hand over my hair. "I'm right damn here, I promise you that."

A year passed, Daryl and I were in a relationship, he meant the world to me and I was so much happier, Daryl had taken me hunting, I wanted to practice and just keep myself busy, "Babe, c'mere." He grabbed my hand as I wrap my arm around his neck, he pecked my lips. "You good?" I smile as he watched me, "Mhm." He kissed my forehead, before I saw some walkers heading our way. "I got this one." I slip my knives from my belt, as I single handed take out all of the walkers, as quietly as possible. Daryl watched, smirking. "What? What is it?" I was covered in Walker blood, my eyes bright in the sunlight above.

"That's my girl."

(Daryl and y/n mini series anyone???)