running back to you (Rick)

(FYI: This is set years after Rick's 'death', he is not in the picture, the group believe he is dead and he is away from them all, just saying)

I had left Daryl and the group, I had given it all up to go and find Rick, I believed he was alive, I just had this feeling that he was around, somewhere, but I didn't know where to look, after months, I was in Virginia, and it was so different, I hadn't seen my group for a year, it was scary being alone for so long, but I just had to bring Rick home, I had to prove that this wasn't for nothing, that this was right. I had brought an old walky-talky with me, I didn't think it even worked, but I started to hear light crackling, and then a voice. It was a voice for sure. I knew that. I was so shocked. It hadn't worked for a year. "Y/n.." I heard my name, a man, he said my name.

I press on the button, "Hello? Who is this?" I asked, nervous and scared, I just had to be sure, I had to know for sure. "Oh my god, y/n! Thank god." Daryl's voice was clear, and I almost cried. "Daryl!" I smiled, my heart leaping with complete happiness. "You're alive. Thank god. Where are ya?" He sounded concerned, "I.. I'm in Virginia." I told him, the line went silent. "Damn. Far away." He sighed, as he spoke again, "Come home? We miss ya. And we need ya here." He told me. "I will. As soon as I find what I came for. Promise. Talk soon." I click off, turning to walk up a hill.

"I'm telling ya, nothin' left out here." I heard a man speak, he was talking into this device, I couldn't see what it was, he was on a horse, coming down the road, I duck down behind a tree, as I glance over, I couldn't make out his face, there was trees in the way. His voice sounded so familiar for some reason. I take a deep breath, before I grab onto my gun and I headed out, running across the road. "Hey! Stop!" He suddenly shouted, I heard him jump from his horse, and I ran for it, I manage to hide behind an old, abandoned building. "I ain't gonna hurt ya.." he sounded sincere.

I roll my eyes, before I walk back out, and I almost passed out at the sight of the man in front of me. "Oh my god." I nearly broke down, right there and then. "Holy shit. Y/n?!" Rick Grimes. He was alive. And he was stood in front of me. "Oh my god, Rick." I cried out, he quickly grabbed onto me, pulling me into a hug, so tight, that it hurt, but I didn't care. "You're alive. Oh my god, thank you. Thank you, lord." I whisper, as I held him tightly, just crying into his shoulder. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to see someone from our group. I've spent so long trying to get back." He looked into my eyes. "You're alive. This is amazing." I smile, "I can't believe it."

"I promised I'd come back for you, didn't I?" He smiled, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, I bite my lip gently and I look into his eyes. "Still a cheeky bastard?" I smirked, and he watched me. "I never stopped loving you." He looked at me, as I take a breath. "It's been five years, Rick." I frown, as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Did you move on?" He looked at my eyes. "No. Never." I kissed him gently, and he pulled me into the wall, kissing me deeper, he grabbed onto my hips. "We've got five years of no sex to catch up on." He smirked against my neck, as I laugh.

"You're actually a nightmare." I smile, as I kiss his cheek. "How did you survive the bridge fire?" I look at him, confused. "Jadis saved me. She saw me on the shore and she helped me. She made me survive." He explained. "I knew you were alive. We never found your body. I just knew it. You had to be here." I kiss his cheek, "I'm bringing you home."

-Alexandria-

Me and Rick travelled back to Alexandria, it took a long time, but we made it, and no one could believe it. Rick Grimes was alive. When the gates opened, Daryl looked like he had seen a ghost. "Dixon." Rick smiles, and he just hugged him, I smile, as the others gather around, shocked this was happening. "I told you I'd bring him home." I smile, as Daryl suddenly hugged me, "Thank you. For coming back. For bringing him back." He mumbled, as he squeezed me gently. "Hey, I'm here." I smile, as I held him close. Rick winked at me and I just felt glad.

This really was my family. And I had the love of my life back. It was bliss.