before you go (Daryl)

I felt like I wasn't winning. This group was breaking apart and I couldn't save them anymore. Rick was dead, we lost so many, so many people leaving or dying, nothing we could do to save our friends. It just wasn't the same and the family that I made was breaking into nothing and I just felt lost. My family were gone and I didn't even know where I was. I hadn't seen Daryl for weeks, he had been gone for so long and the last thing I said to him was 'Before you go, don't forget about us'. Three weeks later, nothing. I was scared that the man I fell for, my best friend in the entire world, was dead and that was another one lost forever. I felt so empty inside.

I sat out on the porch, I had been crying all day, I felt alone and I didn't have the people around me that I needed. I just wanted to leave, I didn't see the point anymore. "Hey, you." I look up, seeing Negan. Negan didn't really talk to many people, he was pretty to himself, but I felt so alone, so I understood. "Hey." I smile a little and he sat beside me. "How are you holding up, kiddo?" He looked at me and I just shook my head. "Rick's dead, Daryl's missing.. I'm losing the will to live. You know, I'm good." I was on the verge of tears again, he wrapped his arm around me and I just cried into his chest. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "I just miss Daryl so much." I sigh and he nodded. "You love him, huh?" I just mumbled, nodding. "Yeah. But, he's gone and I don't know what to do now." I shrug. "He isn't dead. I know it. He'll be back."

"I hope you're right." I just wipe my eyes and I stood up, as I look at him. "Thanks, Negan." I smile a bit and I walked off into the woods. I had to end this. I couldn't live with this pain anymore. I wanted to go. I wanted to go with Rick. I just wander off, before finding this quiet spot. I had a knife and a gun, some rope. I didn't want to just end my life, but I felt like I had nothing left to live for. I took a deep breath as I hung the rope up on a tree. "I'm sorry." I whisper, as I was about to get up on the tree, this blinding light hit my eyes and I cover my eyes. What the fuck? "What in the hell are you doin'?" Daryl. It was Daryl's voice. I could barely make out his face. "Daryl?" I almost passed out, he grabbed onto my back to hold me up and I just hug him tightly. It was him. He was here. "I'm here, Darlin'." He held me tightly and I just cried into his shoulder. "I thought you were dead." I whisper and he shook his head. "Me? Nah. I'm still here." He grabbed my hand tightly. "The fuck was the rope for?" He looked at me. I didn't know how to explain it. I look down. "Y/n, you weren't."

"You were gone. I couldn't live with myself..-" I started to explain. "Suicide ain't it, Y/n! That ain't the way!" He shouted at me, I looked down. "Listen to me. Do you know what I would of done if I found you dead? Could you imagine the pain I would feel?" He was trying to make me feel bad, but I wasn't having it. "It's not about you! I thought you died! The man I love was dead! I couldn't deal with it!" I scream back, we both just stopped. "Woah." He looked at me, but I just turn and he grabbed my arm. "Say that again." He looked at me and I shake my head. "No." I frown and he grabbed my face. "Say it. Again." He looked down at me and I just look at him, through the darkness.

"The man.. I love.." I looked at his eyes and he sighed deeply. "Do you love me?" He asked me and I just nodded. "Yes." I admitted and he just hugged me tightly, I just held him tightly and I close my eyes. "Ditto." He whispered against my ear and I smile, he gently leaned into me and our lips meet, I kiss him softly as we lean against the tree, he pulled me closer and we started making out, I push my hands into his hair and he growled, as he gripped my bare waist and he fucked me primally against the tree, groaning in my ear as I moaned out, my nails dig into his arms as I moan loudly, I bite my lip as he kissed at my chest, as we both came undone and I close my eyes.

Oh, sweet, sweet torture.