endgame (rick)

Breathe.

Just breathe.

I had been having nightmares, I saw Rick's death, over and over again, he was on the bridge, there was so many walkers.. and no way out. He shot at this box of explosives and the bridge explodes, he dies. He doesn't survive. And it happens all the time, I watch him die. And I can't save him, there's nothing I can do. It absolutely broke me, but I knew it was just a dream. It wasn't real. I ran my hands through my hair, as I knew that I had to keep going. I knew it wasn't real, I just had this image of him dying, there wasn't anything I could do. I went to go and find Daryl, he had gone off hunting and I needed to talk to someone, it had been going on for so long. "Dixon.." I lean against the tree, as he looked back at me. "What's wrong?" He frowned, as I just burst into tears, he pulled me into his arms as I cried into his chest, he held me, not saying anything as I just tried to calm down, but it didn't make anything better. "I'm sorry.." I whisper, as I wipe my eyes, he frowned. "What happened?" He looked confused, "I've been having these dreams.. they're always the same. Rick's on the bridge. And there's an explosion.. and we can't save him. And he's gone. He's gone, Daryl." He grabbed my hands. "That won't happen, y/n. It won't. Rick will get us through this, it's gonna be okay." He sighed, as I take a breath. "I just feel so alone." I try and calm down, as he kissed my head. "You've got me. And you'll never be alone in this family." He smiled a bit, I nodded.

I hadn't seen Rick for a while, we all got separated along the way, I had stayed with Daryl as we all got to the bridge, there was so many walkers and Rick had led the way, as we all ran to him, he was pretty injured and we had to get him back, as Rick stood on the bridge, Daryl and I ran, he grabbed my hand as we went through the trees, "Rick!" I heard Michonne scream, as the bridge explodes, I stumble back, my eyes widen as I watched Rick go down with the bridge. "No.." I whisper, my chest felt tight as I look over at Daryl, "Rick!" I shouted, as Daryl held me back, "Let him go, it's okay.. it's okay." He pulled me back, as I felt like I could barely breathe. "How did I- I could of stopped this.. why didn't I stop it?!" I felt the tears hit my eyes, as Daryl turned and he started to walk away, leaving me stood there, just in shock. I couldn't even move, I wanted to go after him. I couldn't just let him go, not like this. I watch as he walked away, I wipe my eyes, before taking a breath, "Y/n, come on." I look back, Daryl grabbed my arm and led me away, as we walk away from the scene.

Later on that evening, I went to the bank, just underneath the bridge, I needed to see if there was a body, he had to be buried. I went and sat down, watching the water, when someone grabbed onto me, I thought it was a Walker, so I pull myself back, realising it was Rick. He was barely alive, but he was. "Rick-" I grab onto him, as he held me tightly, like he didn't want to let me go, he could barely move. "Let me go." He told me, as he fought for breath. "We can save you, Rick. Just let me take you home." I held onto him tightly, as tears ran down my face. "No.. no, stay.. don't.. don't tell.. anyone." He held onto the side of my face, as he looked at me. "You have to let me help you." I cried, as I wrap my arms around him, "Just.. me.. me and.. y-you." He breathed, as I look around. "Me and you?" I was confused, what did he mean? "Don't.. don't go back.. stay here.. stay with me." He watched my eyes, "Okay, okay but I can't just.. Daryl.. and.. everyone, they need me." I held him up, as he leaned into my shoulder. "Stay with me. Just.. us." He gripped my back, as I nodded. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm here. I'm with you." I told him, as I knew I could make it through. Just the two of us. I couldn't go back, but I'd be with Rick.

We were endgame. Together. That was all I needed.

Him.

(The true ending for Rick🤪)