don't go tonight (negan)

Being stuck with Negan wasn't so bad. After a while, I kind of got used to him, he was pretty misunderstood and he deserved to be loved, just like all of us did, even if Daryl couldn't stand him being around me or anyone else, I liked him, more than a lot, we had been stuck together for months and as time went on, I realised I was falling for him, I was falling in love with a man that I was meant to hate, but I didn't. I loved him and I always would, I couldn't help it. Negan was reading a map, as we stopped off on the side of the road, I was exhausted, physically and mentally, I didn't know how much longer I could hold on. "You haven't slept for days, y/n. You don't look good." He watched me for a moment, I just shake my head as I look up, I realised that I couldn't even see straight, my vision was blurry and I felt so sick. "I'm fine." I whisper, I was not fine, I didn't feel good at all. "Six months." I whispered, I ran a hand over my hair as he frowned, "What?" He sat beside me, "It's been six months since we got separated from them." I glance back at him, he sighed. "I know you miss 'em all. I'm sorry." He leaned on my neck, as I rest my face on his shoulder, "Thanks for not killing me, dumbass." I smirked, he just chuckled as he kissed my forehead. "What are friends for?" He mumbled, I frown, friends. Friends. That was all it was. "Yeah, whatever." I stood up, as he crossed his arms. "What's up with you? Why are you so angry?"

"I don't know, Negan. Maybe I'm fucking tired, maybe I'm upset about Rick's death.. maybe I'm pissed because you want to just be friends and I want more.. or maybe.. just maybe, I want my best friend and the love of my life to actually love me back." I admitted, I was so tired of keeping the truth from him, I couldn't do it anymore. He looked surprised. "I had no idea you loved me." I shake my head as I look away, "Whatever, Negan. It's not like it ever would of worked. We're two passing ships in the night. We're day and night. We just don't belong." I felt his hand on mine, but I knew it was pity. "Y/n, I've been in love with you since the moment I laid eyes on you. God, you took my breath away, when I saw you with Rick and the others back at the sanctuary all those years back, I knew that I'd tell you that one day." His words made me melt, it was everything I needed to hear and more. "You are such a prick." I laugh, as I hug him tightly, he pulled me against his chest as I kiss his cheek, he looked down into my eyes, before our lips met and we finally kissed.

Sparks never flew like this.

✨✨✨