find me in the shadows (rick)

Rick had been gone for ten years. Ten years without him and I never got over him, every single day I struggled and I never knew what to do because I felt like I was losing my mind every year, I couldn't believe he had been gone for so long. Daryl knew I was finding it hard and I was, I had stress, I was depressed and I was at the point where I didn't even know what to do, but I knew I had to try and move on. "Hey, how are you holdin' up?" He wrapped his arm around me and I lean into his chest. "Bad. I miss him so much and I can't do a thing to help myself. I just want him back."

"Y/n. I know. I know you do, we all do. It's rough out there, kid. You'll be okay." He kissed my forehead lightly and I look down, he was playing with my hand. I smile a bit, "Have you ever been in love?" I ask, he looked down. "Yeah. Once. Still am, in a way." He went quiet and I nodded. "Me too." I whisper, as I take a deep breath. "I need to get out of here and I need to find him." I stand up. "You can't just go, y/n. He's gone. Just accept it." He frowned. "I can't. I can't do it. Ten years is long enough. I have to find him again." I turn and I started to walk away, but he didn't stop me this time.

"Where are you going?" I heard Negan behind me, but I didn't stop, until I was out of the gate. "Aren't you gonna stop her?" He looked back at Daryl. "Nah, Let her go. Family means shit clearly." He snapped. "The only family I had was stuck on the bridge when it blew up ten years ago. You are not family. None of you were there for me. Rick was. You all left me when I needed help. So forget it." I grab my bag and I ran off into the woods, Negan went after me, but I lost track after a while and I was alone.

-one year on-
I had found myself in Virginia, it was pretty and quiet, but it took me a long time to find out where I was. I stopped off at an abandoned gas station, I went inside, being careful to watch out for walkers. I heard footsteps, so I duck down and I was careful not to make noise. It was a man. I hadn't seen a human for an entire year, it was weird. He had his back to me. I watched him for a while, until he turned around and I hid, I didn't see his face. "Who's there?" He called out, that voice. It was so familiar, but I didn't know how. I couldn't place it. I slide down and I look around, when I saw him again. I gasped, as I look at him.

"Oh my god." His eyes widened and he looked at me, like he couldn't believe it. "Holy shit." I whisper, Rick? Rick was alive. "Rick.." I ran into his arms and he picked me up, gripping me so hard that it hurt, but I didn't care. "Jesus, y/n. How are you even here?" He smiled as he looked into my eyes. "I went looking for you. I can't believe you're alive." I whisper, I smile and I just held onto his shoulders. "You're shaking, doll. Let's sit down and we can talk." He held me close as we sat down on the ground. I was beyond happy.

"How is everyone?" Rick asked, I sigh deeply and I look back at him. "I left them all a year ago. Daryl was angry because I left, Negan tried to go after me-" I explain. "Negan? Why? Are you two.. did you-" he frowned. "No. He was one of my best friends. I trusted him. I still do, I just never saw him again after that. I miss him. I miss Daryl and everyone.. but god. I missed you so damn much, Rick." I look back and he smiled. "I did try and come back but I didn't know how. I'm sorry." He grabbed my hand. "You're here. And that is all I care about." I kiss his cheek and he gently grabbed my face, I was a bit shocked. "I love you." He whispered, I watch his eyes. "After all this time, huh?" I just wrap my arms around him. "I never stopped. Even after ten years, you are the love of my life." He watched me. "Really?"

"I swear." He gently kissed my lips and I kissed back softly, as he pulled away, I bite my lip. "That was ten years too late, Grimes." I hug him and he pulled me onto his lap. "I'll have to catch up on the ten years of sex we never had." He smirked and I laugh gently. "I had a feeling you'd bring that up, Jackass." I giggle and he kissed my shoulder. "I missed you, baby."

"Not as much as I missed you, Grimes."

(Yay happy ending with Rick🥰 Do you stay? Do you leave and go back to Alexandria alone?! Ooooooh the endless possibilities!!!! Comment your thoughts!)