take me like a wave (rick)

I look back outside the window, as I watched Judith playing around with her knife, she was turning more and more into her daddy every single day. I sighed gently, as I had a massive argument with Rick, he told me off for acting like a 'spoilt brat' and told me to stop telling him how to be a parent, something I would never ever be. His words hurt me, I always wanted to be a Mum, one day and him telling me I'd never have anyone to have my children with, seriously hurt me. Badly. It was the worst thing he could of said to me. Judith waved at me, I smile a little, as she looked at me. "Are you okay?" She asked me, I nodded. "Yeah, sure I am kid." I lean against the wall, "Where's my dad?" She looked around, "I think he went out hunting with uncle Daryl. They'll be back soon." I bite my lip, "Do you love my dad, y/n?" She watched me through the window, I shake my head. "As a friend, yes." I play with my hands, as I lean against the window frame. "I can tell him you do if you want." She smiled, she was just a kid, but it was complicated. "Judith, go practice. Watch out for your dad." I stand up and I left the house, I grab my jacket. "Hey, y/n." I turn around as I saw Negan. "Hey?" He never spoke to me before, I didn't think he knew my name. "You good? You seem rushed." He frowned, I shake my head. "You can keep a secret.. right, Negan?" He nodded. "Sure, kiddo." I take a moment.

"Could you tell Rick not to look for me?" He seemed confused, "What are you talkin' about?" I smile, "Bye, Negan." I turn and I head out of the gates, "Shit." He whispered, I started to walk into the woods, I didn't really know where I was going, how long I'd be gone and if I was even going back. "Fuck you, Grimes." I mumble, as I headed further out, I didn't know where to even start, I'd never done this on my own before. A few hours went by, I was kind of lost, but I started hearing people talking, so I backed up into a tree, looking behind me, seeing Rick with Daryl, they were talking quietly, but being alert. My eyes widen as I stay still, just not even sure what to do. "Rick, quiet." I heard Daryl's voice, any slight movement, Daryl would hear it. He was a really good hunter. I just try and not move, as suddenly someone grabbed my neck, pinning me to the tree. "Oh- oh. Shit." Rick seemed surprised, "Thanks, asshole." He let go of me, as I roll my eyes. "Boys." I lean against the tree, "What are you doin' out here?" Daryl frowned, "I'm leaving. I just happened to bump into uptight asshole and his best friend." Rick rolled his eyes, grabbing my arm. "Come on. You're comin' back with us." I shove him off me, "The fuck I am!" I snapped, Daryl looked away. "You're being a fuckin' brat again, y/n." Rick growled, I slapped him. "Oh, shit.." Daryl seemed surprised, "I'm gonna let yall hash this out." He awkwardly turned and walked away, as Rick rubbed his face. "I deserved that."

"Fuck you, Grimes." I look away, as he sighed deeply. "I'm sorry, okay?" I turn and I glare at him, "Do you not understand how hurtful it is when someone you care about the most tells you they'll never have a family? That fuckin' sucks, Grimes." I look at him, angrily. "I know, shit y/n. I know. I'm damn sorry. I was out of line." He went to grab my hand, but I move backwards. "You don't get to play happy family, Grimes. You messed it up." I shove his chest, "Stay away from me." I glare, I turn and I start to walk away, when he grabbed my arm, pushing me into the tree. "I can't do that, darlin'.. don't even try and make me." He took a sharp breath, "Rick, you hurt me. You've hurt me in a way that I can't even begin to understand. You can't just win me back like that." He leaned against my face, "Let me try." He whispered, as our lips brushed together, I took a breath. I nodded.

"It's gotta be worth a shot, right?"