forever this time (negan)

I was crying my eyes out, sobbing for Negan. I had been attacked by some guys, when I was trying to find my way back, I was cut, bruised and beaten. I was strong, I knew he would be waiting for me at the end, so I fought them until they were all dead. I felt weak, like I couldn't breathe. My body ached like hell and I was in the worst pain, but I had to find him. "Y/n!" I heard him calling my name, as I ran further, I saw him and he turned around. "Baby girl?" His voice broke, seeing me so broken, but I was relieved. "Negan.." I cried out, as he ran to me, he pulled me into his arms as he held me tighter than before. "I'm here.. I'm okay, I'm here." I whisper, I kiss his shoulder, as he held me in his arms. "What did they do?" He was angry, I knew he would be. "It isn't your fault, Negan. I should of followed you." I ran my hand through his hair, as he sighed deeply. "Did they try and touch you?" He looked at me, I look down. "I managed to get away.. I killed them all." He wipes my tears, "I don't know what I would of done.. if they had.." he looked away, I shake my head. "You're here. It's okay." I just lean against his chest, just relieved he was here. "I'm never leaving again." He kissed my forehead as he looked at me, "It's okay. I'm just glad you're here right now." I stood up, as I lean against the tree, I had fell for Negan, in a way I never thought I would, but I never let myself get close because I didn't think he loved me back. "Can you walk?" He asked, "Yeah, I'm good."

Later on, we found somewhere to stop off for the night, I sat down by a tree, as it began to get dark. "I know you're upset about Lucille.. so I made you a new one." I had found an old baseball bat, I recreated the one he used to have, before it got broken. "Thank you, baby girl. That is the nicest thing you could of done for me." He hugged me softly, I smile and I just kiss his cheek, as I pulled away. It killed me when he called me that, I knew he was just being nice, but it felt good. I felt wanted. Negan had changed so much over the years, he was a lot kinder and loving now, he had purpose. He had me and he just made it better, nothing like the man I knew when I first met him. He looked over at me, as I was taking off my boots, I noticed, but I didn't look up. I got under my blanket as I look up at the sky. "Here, honey." He gave me his jacket, wrapping it around me to keep me warm, I smile a bit as I lie down, just trying to stay warm as possible. "Aren't you tired?" I ask him, he shook his head. "I'll keep watch." He sat close to me, as he smiled at me again, my heart fluttered. I close my eyes, just feeling safe being with him, knowing he was with me. I felt so sad. I was scared, scared that those men would come back, even if they were gone. I wanted to cry again. I open my eyes, feeling uneasy. Negan was gone. Panic hit me as I was alone, in the dark. "Negan?" I quickly stand up, as I start having a panic attack. "Negan.." I start to cry, I was so scared, I didn't know what to do. "No, no, no.."

"Baby girl?" I turn around, "What happened, why are you crying?" He pulled me into his arms, I held him even tighter, just relief filling me. "I thought you left me." I whisper, as I felt his warmth on me. "I was watching the perimeter, just for walkers. Don't worry. I'm here." He held me tightly, he pulled me into his lap, as we sat down. "Sleep, honey." I lean against him, as he held me tightly. "God, you're beautiful.." he mumbled, I look at his eyes. "If you keep looking at me like that, I might fall in love with you." I joked, he froze, just staring into my eyes, then my lips. Oh my god. Was he going to kiss me? "Negan?" I whisper, he just leaned closer, as I gently kiss him, I close my eyes and he kissed back gently, I wrap my arms around him as I softly pull away. "I'm in love with you, y/n." He tells me, I just smile. "I'm so glad you said that because I love you too."

That night was a lot more warmer than before.