train wreck (daryl)

This was War, there was nothing we could do, I had been stabbed, I was bleeding out, but I couldn't see Daryl, or anyone. I was alone, probably about to die, but I was holding on, I had to. I had to keep going. I look up, I could of sworn I was seeing things, Negan was running towards me, but wasn't he dead? Didn't he die? I swear he did. He pulled me to safety, he noticed I was bleeding. "Shit, doll." He mumbled, he managed to patch me up, tightly, enough to stop anymore blood, but I felt weak, I knew that this could be fatal, I should of been more careful, but I got in the way. I was so scared, but Negan had me now.

"I need to get you to Daryl. Can you walk?" He helped me stand, but my legs felt like jelly. "I don't think I can.." my throat felt dry. "It's not far to Alexandria.. we can make it. Stay awake, y/n. Please." He pulled me into his arms and he carried me back to base, he was pretty strong, so I knew he would make it. "Daryl!" Negan shouted out, as the gates opened. Daryl ran over, pulling me into his lap. "Siddiq! We need help, now!" He shouted, he carried me to the med bay, but I felt like I was going to faint. Siddiq was already working on my wound, trying to stitch me up, Daryl was frantic.

Hours later, I finally woke up. I had survived the worst of it, I felt drowsy, but at least I was alive. I look around, noticing I was patched up, but my body was aching all over. I sat up slightly, so I could drink some water, my throat felt so dry and scratchy. "Daryl?" I called out, when I saw him, I was relieved. "Jesus, y/n. I was so scared." He grabbed my hand, being careful of my wound. "I'm okay." I look at him and he just sighed. "What the hell happened?"

"Some asshole whisperer stabbed me, I couldn't get away.. Negan saved my life. He dragged me out of the way and he got me back. He is a good man, Daryl. He deserves that." I look at him, he nodded. "I guess so." He just kissed my hand. "Rest up, darlin'." He let go of my hand, leaving me alone again. I just sigh and I look up, I just wished he knew that I loved him, but I couldn't tell him. I was scared that he would react badly, Daryl was awkward enough, I didn't want to ruin things.

Later on, Siddiq helped me to stand up and walk around, since I had been off my feet for a while. I manage to get back to my house, Daryl saw me and he ran over to help. "You gotta be careful, damn it. You shouldn't be walkin' around. You need to rest." He wrapped his arm around me, to help me inside. "I'm fine. Can you stop wrapping cotton wool around me? I feel fine." I sat on the couch. "You got fuckin' stabbed, you ain't fine." He snapped. "Don't tell me how to feel, asshole." I roll my eyes and he watched me, angrily. "What the fuck is yer problem?" He growled. "You! You are too much, Daryl. Just leave me be."

"Whatever, y/n. Go ahead and suck Negan's dick while you're at it, since he's the god damn hero in yer life now." He argued, I scoffed angrily. "For your information, Negan is just a friend. I actually love you, you fucking moron. But whatever, I guess I will." I slam the door, annoyed that I just admitted that, I was such an idiot. I sigh and I ran a hand over my hair. I felt like a fool. Why did I say that?

Later on, I was just sleeping, resting up, when I heard knocking on my door. I sighed and I look around, "Yeah?" I sat up a bit, when I saw Daryl was at the door. How did he even get in? "Oh. Hi." I look down, awkwardly. "We gotta talk about earlier." He mumbled. "Do we?" I look at my hands, "Y/n, I shouldn't of snapped. I just get worried about you. Now Rick is gone; you're all I've got." He shrugs. I just look back, sighing softly. "Me too." He sat down next to me and he looked at me. "Sorry for bein' an asshole." He grabbed my hand. "Ditto."

He gently hugged me and I kiss his cheek, he pulled away and he just kissed my head. "Get some sleep." He stood up. "Oh, and y/n?" I turn around, "Yeah?"

"I love you too."