let it go (negan) TW: Attempted suicide

With the people I loved the most in this world gone, I felt like I had lost my mind. I felt like I couldn't deal with this anymore, I didn't want to live, I just wanted it all to go away. I had ran out of time, Rick was gone, Daryl wasn't the same, he was always sad, angry at the world and I just felt like I was on my own. I felt like people didn't care and it was better that I just got out of the way. I grab a gun, knife and some rope, I was heading out. "Daryl, I'm going on a run for supplies. I'll be back soon." I told him, he just nodded and looked down, I sigh and I walk away, no one tried to stop me. Great.

I headed into the woods, tears ran down my face as my chest felt heavy and cold, I felt more lost than ever and I just wanted it to end. I heard footsteps close by, probably walkers. I sigh and I just found a place, I hung the rope over a tree and I waited a bit, should I write a note? I didn't even know what I was doing. I jump up onto the branch and I put the rope over my neck, I couldn't believe I was doing this. "I'm sorry." I whisper, I took a breath and I jumped down, the noose tightened around my neck, but just seconds, when I felt someone grab onto my legs, I couldn't see who it was, but it made me panic like mad. It was a man, I knew that, he was so strong.

He cut the rope in the middle as he pulled me down onto the ground, as I went to grab my knife, I look up and I saw Negan. "What the fuck?" I look at him, confused. "The fuck was that?!" He was mad, but why? "Did you follow me?" I stood up again and he sighed. "You just tried to kill yourself and you're worried I followed you? Are you insane?" He glared. "Why the fuck do you care?" I looked away, "Because I care about you, y/n! And so does Daryl and many other people! Don't you get that?" He looked at my eyes. "I don't see it. I don't see anyone around here who cares."

"I love you. Alright? And if you killed your self.. I'd never forgive myself for letting you feel the way you do.. I'd never forgive you for it." He watched me, he was right. I was being selfish. I had to be better. "You love me?" I couldn't believe it. I had no idea. "Yes. That is why I'm here." He grabbed my hands. "Please don't feel like you have to end your life. If you need any reason to stay alive.. it's me." He pulled me into his arms and I just hug him tightly, I broke down in his arms and he just held me tightly, I had never believed he had feelings for me, I just thought he was being nice. "I had to tell Daryl, darlin'. I'm sorry." He sighed. "What? What did he say?" I look at him again. "He was absolutely crushed. He blames himself. You should talk to him, he wants to help you."

Later on, I went to go and find Daryl once I had got back to Alexandria. He was sat on the porch of my house. "Daryl." He pulled me up into his arms, I was a bit taken aback. "I'm so sorry, y/n." He hugged me tightly and I just held him close. "I never should of left. I should of talked to you." I sigh and he just looked at me. "I feel awful. I can't believe I just let you leave. I never would of let you go if I'd known you were trying to commit suicide. Fuck, y/n." He held onto my shoulders. "I should of told you how I felt. I just miss you and I felt like you didn't want me around." He shakes his head. "You're the only person I have left. I need you." He looked down. "Well, I'm here. I'm here now." I kiss his cheek and he nodded.

I turn around and I saw Negan in the distance, he looked over at me and I smile. "I love you." I mouth to him and he smiled. "Me and Negan are together." I told him, Daryl looked up. "I'll kick his ass if he hurts you." He looked at me. "I know." I smile softly and he just grunted. "See you around, Dixon." I let go of his hand and I ran off towards Negan. "Well?" He smiled and I take his hand into mine.

"It's me and you, baby."

"Sounds like a dream."