shape of my heart (rick)

There had always been this connection with me and Rick, something I couldn't explain. He was the leader of the survivors and he saved me so many times, he had made me into the person I am today and I couldn't of been more in love with him. Daryl knew, of course he did, I got drunk and admitted it and he promised to keep quiet, but I was super nervous and I didn't want anyone to know, I kept to myself mostly, but I was a fighter and I knew that staying here was a bad idea, I couldn't really tell Rick the truth because he was so much older than me and I was young, I was barely an adult myself.

I was sat in my room, just looking outside the window, I couldn't keep my eyes off Rick, he was always in my mind and he was just perfect to me, but he had it together and I really didn't. "Hey, y/n." I turn and saw Daryl stood at the door. "Hi, Daryl." I stood up and I lean against the wall. "What the hell am I gonna do? I can't stay here. Not with this guilt I have." I sighed. "You can't just leave because you love Rick. You need to tell him." He crossed his arms. "I can't tell him! I can never tell him." I look down and I sighed. "You have to. It's been over a year. You have to tell him. Now." He frowned and he watched me. "I can't do that. It's awkward and I just can't do it." I look back. "Tell him what?" I turn and saw Rick also stood opposite Daryl. Ah, fuck.

Daryl just shakes his head and he walked out, I just roll my eyes. "Daryl lost a bet. He's just being a baby." I lied, but he knew. "Very funny, y/n. Just tell me what this dude did to you so I can beat his ass." He got serious, but I just didn't know what to say. "No. No, it isn't that. I- I'm in love." I looked down. Holy fuck. I can't believe I'm doing this. "You? In love?" He sat next to me, "Aren't you.. I don't know.. a bit young?" He looked at me. Wow. Really? "Are you serious?" I frown and I shake my head. "I might be young, Rick. But I know what my heart wants and yeah, I'll probably never fucking know if he loves me back, but it doesn't matter because he's never looked at me twice." I couldn't believe how emotional I was. "Y/n.. come on. Calm down." He sighed.

"No! I won't! I'm so sick of being the last one everyone picks. I'm the last one that people think about.. and you, you have no idea." I just grab my jacket and I ran out, "Y/n!" Rick shouted after me, it was too late. I couldn't do it. I had to get out of here. Daryl saw me running and he went after me, he grabbed my arm. "The fuck happened? Did he not take it well?" He frowned. "Just don't touch me. Just don't." I pull my arm back, but he just hugged me. "You can't just run away from your problems, y/n. Not from me, your best friend.. not Rick. No-one." He sighed and I just relaxed into his arms. "He told me I was too young to know I'm in love." I look down. "Bullshit."

"What is?" I look at him and he shakes his head. "That is bullshit. You aren't too young to know your feelings. You are an adult." He looked at me. This is why I loved Daryl. He got me and he knew me. Rick saw me with Daryl and he frowned. I look back at him, tears in my eyes. "I've had enough of this." Daryl let go of me and he walked over to Rick, they were talking for a while, I couldn't hear what they said. I just stood there, but Rick's eyes never left mine, it made me seriously nervous. He looked upset, really upset. I sigh deeply.

"You're welcome." Daryl left us both, I just looked off into the distance and I heard him walk towards me. "Why didn't you tell me?" He grabbed my hand, I look back. "I tried. Trust me." I sigh deeply and he grabbed my face, I was a bit surprised. "Fuck, y/n. I wish you'd told me this. I fucking adore you. I thought it was just me." I look into his eyes, he did love me? The entire time? "You do?" He forced his lips on mine, I kissed him back and I just smile. I couldn't help it. "I love you." I mumbled against his lips. "I love you." He whispered and he held me tightly, it felt like heaven. I just wished I had told him sooner.

This was my paradise.