can't stay away anymore (negan/daryl/rick)

I had to get stuck with Negan, of all people I could of ran into in the woods, he wanted to ally with me, I didn't trust him at all, but I knew we had to fight together if we would make it out of here, it was the safest option for us both and I had to try. We stumbled into a huge hoard of walkers, I look back at him, "Together." He smiled, "Forever." We fought off the walkers, back to back, there was so many, but I knew we had a better chance of getting out together if we just stuck this out, we could get to Alexandria and it would be safe for us both, even if we had both ran away. Once the walkers were gone, I turn around and I look at him, I was covered in blood and he just looked down at me, "We should get out of here before more come." He led the way, I just followed after him, just not sure where we're going, but I couldn't stop thinking about what he said. 'Forever', it just stuck in my mind, why did he say forever? Did he like me more than friends? I just walk behind him, staying quiet as we came to the highway. "Negan, where are we going?" I asked, he looked back at me. "We should probably try and find some shelter. Don't worry, just trust me." He smiled gently, I just nodded and I look around. "I wonder how long it's been. I've lost track of days." I sighed, I turn back to him, "How did you get out of your cell?" I bite my lip, he sighed. "Judith. She left the door open, I walked out. She must of forgot." His eyes followed mine. "I'm not surprised." I just sat down on the side of the road, I wipe the blood from my face.

"Did you find Daryl?" He sat beside me, I felt comfortable around him, we had been stuck together for almost a year, he had grown on me now and even if I didn't trust him completely, I just had a feeling I'd change my mind. He just made me feel better. "What? No. I didn't know he was looking for me." I look back at him, just watching his face, he was so hot, I couldn't stop staring at him. He caught my eye and he just smiled, "What?" I look away, shaking my head. "It's been almost a year, y/n. I don't think we can go back." He gently placed his hand on top of mine and I just smile, feeling his warmth. "I know we can't. We just have to keep going. For each other." I squeeze his hand and he looked away, like he was nervous. "For each other." He looked back at me, I just stood up, I look around as he played with his hands. "Negan, I have to tell you something. Just in case I don't get the chance." I turn back, when I suddenly get hit with dizziness, I blink a few times, "Y/n? What is it?" He stood up, concerned. "I-" I look at him, but everything was blurry. I fall to my knees, when he grabbed onto me, pulling me into his lap. "You're just dehydrated, doll. You're okay." He grabs a bottle of water, sitting me up, his arms around me as I felt the water against my mouth, I just drink as much as I can, I didn't stop. When I felt better, I open my eyes and I look up at him, I wipe my mouth. "I'm sorry." I was a bit embarrassed. "Don't be. It isn't your fault, baby girl." He just smiled. "I've fallen for you." I admitted, his eyes went wide, frowning. "You what?" He seemed confused why I just admitted that. "I- I love you, Negan." I stood up, I felt so stupid. "Y/n, I just- it's not you..-" he started. "Don't."

"Please don't do this." He shakes his head and he went to grab my arm, but I stood back. "You don't need to say anything else, Negan. It's done. I never should of assumed that you- you were just being nice. It wasn't anything more." I turn away, I lean against the wall. "I have to get out of here." I look back, but he was already gone. I couldn't believe it. He just left me. "Negan!" I shout out, but it was too late. He walked away, I didn't even say goodbye. I took a breath, before I head down the highway, I started to run, just not knowing what to do with myself anymore. I was so far away from home, I had lost the only man that I loved and now I was all alone. I just kept walking, until I came to a clearing, I could see a gas station nearby, I rub my eyes, seeing a figure in the distance, but I couldn't tell who it was. I walk closer, as they suddenly shot at me, hitting my thigh, I fell onto my back, just shaking from the pain, as they ran to me. I wrap my jacket around my leg, just trying to stay awake. "Fuck! No, y/n." His voice was echoing inside my head, but I couldn't tell who it was anymore. "I'm here. God, I am so sorry." He whispered, he picked me up into his arms, before I black out, the pain was too much.

When I woke up, I was inside this med bay, I didn't know where I was, but I was in a safe place. I look around, confused. My leg was all bandaged, I sit up a little as I rub my eyes. "Hello?" I call out, that's when this man walked inside, my eyes widened. "R-Rick?" I couldn't believe my eyes, he was alive. "Hello, darlin'." He smiled, I hug him tightly, he smiled as he held me tighter than before. "Oh my god, thank fuck you're here." I just look at him and he looked at me, "Once you're all patched up, Rio will take you back to Alexandria." He smiled sadly. "You're sending me back?" I frown, confused. "I left a year ago. I'm not going back." I shake my head, "Daryl needs you. And so does Negan. And Michonne. They all do." He held onto my hand softly. "You can't tell them you were here with me. Let them believe I'm dead. You never saw me, okay?" He kissed my head, I felt tears in my eyes, but I nodded. "Okay." I whisper, he just hugged me once more, as he held my hand tightly. "I'm sorry."

The next day, I hugged Rick goodbye, kissing his cheek as I let go of his hand, "Goodbye, Rick." I whisper, he just smiled. "I love you so much, y/n. Always." He whispered, I just nodded. "Always." I turn and I got into the truck, before it drove away, I just let my tears fall, as I drove away from him for the final time. An hour later, I was dropped at the gates of Alexandria, the guy drove away, wishing me well and that was it. I turn, as I walk inside the gates, Daryl turned and he saw me, he looked shocked. "Y/n?!" He shouted. I just smile, wiping my tears as he ran to me, he picked me up in his arms, hugging me tightly. I just held him close, just relieved I was home. "You came back for us. Thank you." He whispered. "Of course I did. I had to."

"Welcome home, kid."

I turn back to see Negan, who had left me a couple of days earlier, I just nodded, before turning and walking towards my house, feeling guilty as hell that I couldn't tell them Rick had saved me, for the final time.

(Part 2 anyone? Should y/n rekindle with Negan? Does Daryl like her? And will she tell the group Rick's alive? Stay tuned!)