I wanna feel again (daryl)

It never rained here, it was always way too hot and we just never had rain, Alexandria was pretty dry in the heat, it was nice, but I did wish it would rain sometimes. I sat out on my porch, everything was okay for the time being, Daryl had been out for hours, he went with Aaron, Connie and Carol, I hoped they'd all make it back okay, I did get worried whenever I was left in charge, but I trusted Michonne and although Negan was around, I did keep my eye on him, he was a bit of an outsider, people still didn't trust him after Abe and Glenn's deaths, I had forgiven and forgotten, but not everyone had and it weighed on me, but I just tried to keep a level head. I look at the gates, just praying they'd be back soon, I was so worried about Daryl, he was my best friend and someone I had fallen in love with, he just made life better here, whenever he was out, I got scared he wouldn't make it home. "You good, kid?" Negan sat beside me, I smile. "I'm okay. Just hoping Daryl makes it home." I look down, just playing with my knife. "You love him." He looked at me, giving me that look. It wasn't a question. "I do not." I lied, he chuckled. "Yes, you do. You're chasing him, hoping he'll notice. I know you do. Everyone knows." He sighed. "Okay, well.. maybe I do. He's been in my life for ten years, of course it was a matter of time. But he doesn't look at me like that. He likes Connie." I look back, "You don't know that. Just tell him." He smiled. I hadn't even noticed the gates opening up. "Hey!" I heard Daryl suddenly, I look up, I smile, "You're back!" I smile, standing up. "The fuck are you doin'? Don't talk to her." He snapped at Negan, my eyes widen. "Excuse you. He can talk to me all he wants." I glared, Negan just stands. "I'm gonna go. Something tells me he is jealous." He headed off, I just went inside, slamming the door. "Prick."

I headed to my bedroom, when the door opened, I heard loud footsteps coming upstairs, I just sat on the bed as Daryl barged inside. "What the fuck was that?" He grunted, I roll my eyes. "He's my friend. I'm allowed to talk to other men, you know." I look back at him, "Not him. He is the enemy. He killed our family." He snapped. "You might be stuck in the past, but I'm not. I've moved on. Stop being a dick about it and leave it out." I shrugged, he crossed his arms. "You like him or what?" He frowned, "No. I don't like him any more than a friend. If you must know, I was telling him about how I love you, so shove it up your ass, you prick." I turn away from him, annoyed. "You love me? What?" He was confused. "Please just go." I look down, I sigh deeply when I felt his hand on my shoulder. "No." He sat down on the bed with me, I just stay silent. "I- I always knew we'd be somethin' one day. I'm glad it's now." He admitted. I turn and look back at him, kind of relieved.

"So am I, Dixon."