scared of what I don't know (negan)

Lydia and Negan had a bond like father and daughter, he had only protected her, just as a father should. He had murdered one of the bullies that tried to kill Lydia first, it was a blood bath, Daryl was blaming him, he was pissed and everyone was making a huge deal of it, but the idiot deserved to die, he tried to hurt Lydia first. She was crying, hugging me as everyone argued. "Get her out of here, y/n." Daryl told me, I glance at Negan, he gave me a look, but I couldn't really understand what it meant. "Come on." I lead her away from everyone, as I take her back towards the house. "You know he loves you, don't you?" She went up to the house, I frown. "Who?" I cross my arms, "Negan does. I saw the way he looked at you back there. He was staring." She was trying to keep it together, but she was a mess. Alpha was her mother after all, I didn't blame her for being so broken. "Get some sleep, kid." I just turn and I leave her inside, as I couldn't help but think, was she right? Did he love me? Daryl grabbed my arm as I walked past, "What the fuck was that?" He snapped, I glare at him. "What was what? Did you see how scared she was? It was a shit show." I snap back. "You can't defend him, y/n. He's a monster." I clench my jaw and I held back punching him, but I wasn't in the mood. "Fuck off, Daryl." I turn and walk away, but he followed. "The fuck did you just say to me?" He snapped. "Rick wouldn't want this! He's trying to be good! Stop making this about Glenn and Abe!" I scream at him, he just shook his head. "You are just as thick as he is. And don't you dare say his name again." He turned and walked away. "Fuck off." I roll my eyes as I leave, he was my best friend, but he was wrong. Negan was a good man and he didn't deserve the shit he got from people. I went back towards my house.

"Hey, kid." Negan was out on the porch, cigarette between his lips. "Hey." I sat by him, as he just watched me, "Why'd you defend me?" He glanced my way, "Because shit is too messed up and I can't let you get blamed when you did the right thing. You are good." I nudge him, as I lean against his shoulder, he didn't seem to mind. "Thanks, y/n." I just smile a bit, as I play with my hands, "Rick would forgive you, you know. You've proved yourself. Daryl is just angry because he's gone." I shrug, "Yeah, I know." He looked back at me, "Are you?" I look back, "Am I what? Angry he's gone? No. I know Rick is out there. He isn't dead. He just isn't." I shrugged it off, as I felt his hand on my thigh. I bite my lip as I place my hand on his. His hands were huge, but I knew he meant well. "Goodnight, Negan." I kiss his cheek, before I stand up and I went inside, I shut the door and I just take a breath. "Fuck." I just head upstairs, as I got into my bedroom, the door shut beside me and I nearly screamed. "Holy fuck." My eyes widen. It was Rick. Rick was back. "You.. you can't be.." I couldn't believe it, he was actually back. "Rick." I hug him tightly, almost crying. "You can't tell anyone I'm here, but listen.. you're right. Negan has changed. And I want you to go and tell him you love him. Don't bullshit me, kiddo. I know. Tell him before it's too late. You have time. Just do it." He kissed my head, as I close my eyes, just for a moment, I look back and he was gone. Did I imagine it? Did I need Rick's approval to know the truth? I didn't even know. I open the window, Negan was still sat in the same place. "Hey.. dumbass." He turned when he heard my voice, he looked up. "I love you." He just smiled, "Do you really?" I nodded. "Someone once told me.. if you really have time to tell people you love them, just do it. Before it's too late." He watched me. "Sounds like a Rick Grimes kind of thing." Rick's smile came into my head, "It totally is."

"I'll take it, darlin' because I love you too."

"Get your ass up here, cowboy."

(Okay. So, yes. She did hallucinate Rick was there. Rick is gone, but I thought it was a sweet touch to the story!)