i'll see you again (daryl)

Shit had really hit hard in Alexandria. It felt like everyone around me was dying everyday and it was getting worse. Rick was dead and gone, his memory was turned into ash and blew away like smoke, no-one even talked about Rick anymore and Daryl was gone, he went missing a few weeks back, probably dead and buried, just like the rest of them. I only had Negan, but he was such a damn mess and he constantly tried to leave, he hated me and for some reason, everyone else just seemed to be disbanding and I felt more alone than I had ever been before. This was going to get worse and I had to try and keep our family strong. I pull on my boots and I grab some of my gear, my knife, a gun, bullets and some other things I'd probably need. I had to find Daryl. Somehow. He was the only family I had. And I loved that redneck motherfucker like Hell.

"Where are you goin'?" Negan asked me, as I left towards the front gates. I turn as he sat on my porch. "I'm gonna go and find Daryl, see if I can clear any walkers in the woods. I can't just sit here and wait." I shrugged as Negan nodded. "Stay safe, darlin'. I'll be waitin' here." He smiled, like a sad smile. Maybe he knew that Daryl was gone, that he would be all I had left. "Thank you. Oh, take this." I gave him my bracelet, it had my initials on the front. "Remember me, asshole." I wink at him, but he just gave me the saddest smile and it broke my heart, it was like he knew I wouldn't come back. "You better come back alive, y/n or I'm comin' to look for you myself." I just grin, before I headed out the gates and I started to walk further into the woods, I had no idea where I was going and if I'd make it back alive, but I had to find Daryl and pray he was alive.

A few hours went by, I had no idea where I was and it was going to get dark soon, but I had to try and go farther out, try and track more areas. I hoped he didn't go really far, but I didn't know where he went. "Please don't be dead, you stupid motherfucker." I whisper to myself, as I turned the corner, I saw this abandoned gas station. It would be a good place to get food and supplies, we could always have more water as well. I sneak in, making sure that there's no walkers around. I crawl quietly through one of the aisles, when I saw this figure across the way, I didn't see a face, but it looked like a man. I slowly move across the floor, before I creep behind a shelf.

"Damn it!" The guy spoke to quietly, I couldn't actually hear what he said. I roll my eyes and I turn the corner, still being quiet. "I got her!" I heard the voice of one of the guys from Alexandria as he grabbed me. "What the fuck- Aaron?!" My eyes widened, he looked shocked to see me. "Jesus. It's just y/n. False alarm." He hugged me, I just felt relieved someone had found me. "I'm so glad you're here. I missed you." I kiss his cheek and he smiled as a couple of the others joined us. I turn around, "Please tell me you guys have Daryl with you." I prayed to God they did. Aaron frowned. "He isn't with you guys? Oh." He looked away, awkwardly.

I just fake a smile and nodded, as I looked down. "That sucks." I had started to think that he really was dead. "Did you miss me?" I turn around, seeing Daryl walking towards me. I felt the happy tears, as I ran towards him and he hugged me tighter than ever. "I'm so glad you're alive. Thank fucking god." I whisper, I hug him tightly, as I cried into his shoulder. "Hey, y/n.. no cryin' baby, Okay?" He wipes my eyes as he held me close to him. "I missed you so much." I whisper, "Didn't think I was leavin' my fave gal now, did you?" He smiled and I just kiss his cheek. "Negan's still back at base, but everyone else.. it's just getting smaller." I cross my arms, "Me and you are family, y/n. Don't need no one else but us. I'm all you need." He kissed my forehead and I just smile.

We all left together, walking back towards Alexandria, I was just glad I found them all together, I was terrified I'd be alone forever. "Connie!" Aaron called her over, she was with Kelly, her sister. Daryl hugged her, I just sighed deeply. So much for family. Aaron noticed and he wrapped an arm around me, "You are my family too, y/n. Don't worry about a thing." He squeezed my shoulder and I lean against him, as we just watched the sky. "Can I tell you something?" I look back at Aaron. "Of course you can. What's up?" He frowned. "I just thought someone should know but I've been thinking about killing myself. I just don't see the point anymore." I look down. "Oh, y/n." He hugged me again, I just held onto him tightly, leaning into his chest. "I'm sorry. I just don't know what else to do." I sighed.

"You need to tell Daryl. He loves you the most, trust me. He talked about you for three weeks straight. The guy is crazy for you. Do not tell him I said that." He laughs. "Thanks, Aaron." I kiss his cheek and I walk on ahead, as Daryl grabbed onto my arm, pulling me to walk with him. "What was that with Aaron?" He looked at me. "Nothing. It's nothing." I look down, but he wouldn't take that. "It didn't look like nothin'. Tell me." He looked away. "I tried to kill myself, Daryl." I admitted, a bit too loudly, since everyone turned around when I said it. "Great. Brilliant." I just couldn't deal with it, so I ran off the other way. "Fuckin' hell. Y/n!" Daryl went after me, but I didn't stop. I just ran until I couldn't anymore. I just sat down on the ground and I just look down at my feet.

"Stop fuckin' runnin' from me, damn it." He crossed his arms angrily, I just roll my eyes. "I've known you for fifteen years, Daryl and you've been my best friend since the beginning. And I have loved you every day of those fifteen years. But if you want to be with Connie, fine. Don't let me stop you." I look away. He scoffed. "Me and Connie? Nah. She's a friend. I don't see her in that way. I adore you, y/n. I loved you for fifteen years. And I still do." He looked down at me. "Best friends who love each other." I watch him. "No. Best friends but I'm your boyfriend." He grabbed my hand, "And you tell me when you're suicidal. I love you. I want to help. Please don't ever try and end your life." He hugged me again, I just held onto him, sighing. "Let's get back."

"I've got you alone, y/n. I wanna do something before we go back."

*cue cute af kiss in the sunset aweeeeee*

*end scene*