i wonder what it's like to be loved by you (daryl)

Daryl had been in my life since the beginning, we had never really been super close, but he was a good friend and he always had my back. It had been ten years since I met him, but I had deep feelings for him, I looked at him, but he never saw me in the same way and it hurt because I really did love him. I was half his age, it never would of worked out, I couldn't even talk to the guy without getting light headed and giddy, he just made me nervous and I couldn't do it, but god, I thought about us together, all the time, I always wandered what it would be like to actually be loved by him, the way he would protect me and keep me safe, we had so many memories together, he had my back, he was super overprotective of me and we got through some bad things, but we had never been anything more than friends. I look outside the window of my bedroom, Daryl was talking to Carol, she was laughing with him and he was smiling, his eyes never left her as I bite my lip, wishing he would look at me like that, he didn't have any idea how I felt and I couldn't ever tell him. I sigh deeply, as I look down at my hands and I felt tears fill my vision, I didn't think I could stick around here if he wanted to just be friends with me, it would be too painful after all this time. I headed outside the house, as I wipe my tears away, I tie my hair back as I just felt his eyes on me, but I couldn't even look at him now, not now. I bite my lip as I went to sit on my own, by where we had the graves.

"Y/n?" I turn around as I saw Daryl stood behind me, I just smile a little and I look away, as I stared out at the ground, "What's going on?" He looked my way, as he sat beside me. "I've just been thinking." I whisper, as I play with my hands again, "Thinking about what?" He frowned, his eyes never leave me. "What it's like to be loved.." I mumble, he sighed. "Y/n, you are loved. By all of us. Rick, hell.. even Negan, even if he is an asshole." He joked, I just shake my head. "No, that's just family shit. This isn't family. This is love. I'm in love." I rub my eyes as he chuckled, "Who is he? Or she? I don't wanna judge you." He looked away, "He doesn't look at me, anyway." I felt a tear slide down my face, as he watched me, silently. "How do you know?" He grumbled, I look back at him, as our eyes met. "Trust me. He doesn't love me back. I'm not stupid." I look away again, "Just tell him. Do it. Now. Go and find him and tell him the truth." He had no clue. He didn't know I thought of him at all. "I wonder what it's like to be loved by you." I look away, as I stand up and I walk away, leaving him completely shocked, but I couldn't hurt myself anymore, I had to get out of here.

The door slammed open as I went upstairs, Daryl looked so mad. "What the fuck was that?" He glared at me, as I couldn't help but sit down, I was shocked at his reaction. "You really thought I wouldn't fall for you? After all this time?" I shake my head, "You do not get to walk away when shit gets real, y/n. You just told me you love me. You don't just run because you think I don't love you back." He frowned, as I look away. "You don't. Don't flatter yourself." He growled, "Who do you think you are, telling me who I do and who I don't love?" He sat on the couch, he was seething with anger. "You don't, Daryl! Jesus Christ, don't lie to me!" His eyes never left mine, "I fucking adore you, y/n. I've been trying to ask you out for years, but I'm shit at love. I can't ask girls out because I've never done it before, I was so nervous." He looked away, "Daryl, I'd never reject you. You're seriously the hottest man I've ever seen. I couldn't ever say no to you." He just looked at me, "Really?" I smile as I gently take his face in my hands and I press my lips onto his, his hands rest on my thighs as we kissed softly.

And it was so okay with me.