girls like us (daryl)

I didn't trust anyone. I never did, I had been hurt so badly in the past and I didn't want to go through it again, I didn't know what this world was capable of, I couldn't let myself be hurt, I just couldn't. Every single person that came into my life had ended up leaving, I couldn't do anymore heart ache, I just had to stay to myself, stay alive. That changed when I met Daryl, I trusted him with my entire life, he kept me safe, he never let me down. He had my back, I had his. I held his hand, he held mine. I knew I was safe with him, no matter what happened in this life. I was running through the woods, I was lost, with no way home and I hadn't stopped to look where I was. Daryl had taken me on a hunting trip, but we got separated after walkers crowded us both, I couldn't go back, he made me run. "Fuck." I whisper, as I had no way of finding him, I had to just trust he would come back. Years of friendship, this had never happened before, we had never been separated, we spent every day together for almost ten years. Even after Rick's death, he had kept me strong, he got me through the worst parts, he had seen the ugly parts that I never wanted to show this world. I lean against the tree, as I had no clue what to do now, I was stuck. I start to walk back out, when my foot goes straight into a bear trap, it shuts around my ankle, as I feel the spikes pierce my skin, I held back from screaming, the pain was excruciating and I fell down, as the blood seeped through, I just had to try and not go into shock, but I was losing so much blood.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I ran my hands through my hair, my vision was blurry and I couldn't even breathe, the pain was unbearable. "You can do this." I told myself, as I manage to slide over, I could see someone in the distance, as I try and call out, but I couldn't. I couldn't keep my eyes open, "Daryl!" I manage to shout, as I saw him coming to me. "Holy shit.. y/n." He sat me back up, "Stay fuckin' awake. Don't you dare close your eyes." He pulled the trap off my foot with ease, as he picked me up and he carried me all the way home, "We need medic! Now!" He shouted, as everyone came rushing over. "What the hell happened?" Maggie looked at me, "Bear trap. I didn't see it happen." He sighed, "Help her. Please. I can't lose her, I can't." I slowly close my eyes as I passed out from the shock, I couldn't stay awake anymore. But I knew he was there and that was what I needed. I slowly open my eyes, time had gone past, as it was dark outside now. My foot was all bandaged, it hurt, but not as much as before. I look around, as I was alone, but I knew where I was, I was in the med bay, I remembered everything. "Crap." I flinch, as I try and pull myself up, as Daryl came back inside. "Lie down, y/n. Don't move too much." He grabbed my hand, as I nodded. "I'm fine, Daryl." I look over at him, "I'm sorry.. I should of stayed with you." He mumbled. "We got lost, Daryl.. we just got lost. And that hoard was too big, we couldn't find our way back." I shrugged, as he sighed. "I tried so hard to keep you safe."

"You don't have to do that, Daryl." I squeeze his hand, as he shrugged. "But, I do. You're my best friend.. and I'm supposed to do that stuff." He was uncomfortable, I could tell. "Daryl, I'm alive. I survived this. I will always survive. That's what a warrior does, they win. They always win. And you and I, we will always have each other. Always." I lean back, "I can't lose you." He looked at me, "You won't lose me, okay? You won't." I look at his face, "I- I love you, y/n." He mumbled, looking off. "I know, Daryl. I know." I kiss his knuckles, as he sat beside me, he leaned his head against my shoulder. "We will always be us. And that won't change. I love you too, always and forever." I smile slightly. "Good." He held my hand a little tighter, but it was more than enough for me, until something changed. And I couldn't really believe it, not for a second. Rick was stood at the end of the bed, watching me. It didn't feel real, I felt like I was seeing things. "You're dead." I whisper, Daryl wasn't there anymore. It was just Rick. "I'm not dead, y/n. I'm alive, I didn't die. I'm in Virginia. Come and find me. I'll be waiting." He turned, and he was gone. "Y/n?" I snap out of it, as Daryl looked to me, he frowned. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Did I? Was Rick really in Virginia?

I had to go. I had to find Rick.

(Part 2? Is Rick really out there or was it just a hallucination? Ooooooooh 😏)